Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is having security dogs within the warehouse premises a good idea?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is having security dogs within the warehouse premises a good idea?

The use of CCTV, drones and more security boots on the ground seems to means by which warehouse security is being taken care of. But let's not forget that fact that we are missing out the inclusion of dogs as part of the boots on ground security. I have seen some warehouse with bold warning signs "Beware of Dogs" , so it shows dogs are good part of the security team as well. Although, some people are scared of dogs and can't work around them. So, what's your opinion on having dogs as part of the warehouse security team?
    ​​​​​

The dog is truly man’s best friend but I wouldn’t dare use dogs to guard a warehouse. There were cases here where homes with guard dogs in the yard were poisoned. I have learned that the simple MSG (monosodium glutamate) which is called Umami in Japan and used mainly for cooking is poison to dogs. Just a small piece of bread with pate or liver spread that is sprinkled with MSG is enough to kill a dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Corzhens View Post
      The dog is truly man’s best friend but I wouldn’t dare use dogs to guard a warehouse. There were cases here where homes with guard dogs in the yard were poisoned. I have learned that the simple MSG (monosodium glutamate) which is called Umami in Japan and used mainly for cooking is poison to dogs. Just a small piece of bread with pate or liver spread that is sprinkled with MSG is enough to kill a dog.
      I agree with you on about dogs being vulnerable to food poisoning especially when they are targeted as an obstacles in the thieves way to steal from a warehouse. But on the other hand, I have seen some well trained dogs that don't just eat anything that they see laying around on the floor. One thing that I know very well about dogs is that they behave exactly the way you trained them to behave. If you have them trianed not to eat anything but the only thing you feed them, it would be on rare occasions that they might misbehave.

Comment

Working...
      X