Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How feasible is drone surveillance in warehouse security?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How feasible is drone surveillance in warehouse security?

Technology seems to an underlying part when it comes upgrading security in the world today and warehouse security is a very serious concern. It's very important have a company's warehouse well secured because any break-in by armed robbers or thieves will amount to loss of money.

Looking at personal usage of drone technology in surveillance, will be feasible incorporating the use of drones in upping the surveillance system of a company's warehouse?

In one documentary on tv, I saw a vast compound where several big warehouses were situated. With that kind of warehousing I guess the drone can be very effective not really for surveillance but only for plain monitoring. Maybe 2 drones would fly once in a while just to check on the surrounding if everything is all right. But for the ordinary warehouse maybe the cctv cameras when installed properly will do the job of monitoring.

Comment

Originally posted by Corzhens View Post
      In one documentary on tv, I saw a vast compound where several big warehouses were situated. With that kind of warehousing I guess the drone can be very effective not really for surveillance but only for plain monitoring. Maybe 2 drones would fly once in a while just to check on the surrounding if everything is all right. But for the ordinary warehouse maybe the cctv cameras when installed properly will do the job of monitoring.
      I think that you have made a very good point with your assessment on whether having drones for surveillance or monitoring is to be incorporated in improving warehouse security. It all boil down to the the size of the warehouse and its mode of operation as well as the kind of stock in the warehouse. If the warehouse is stoked with sensitive materials, I'm sure drones would be a great part of the security-related measures available in the facility.

Comment

The drone is a new technology that can be used for security purposes just like the cctv camera. In fact, the drone has a camera that takes footages down below. My take on the drone is the operation because unlike the cctv system where you can just leave it alone to record the video, the drone needs an operator which means you will be spending for the added manpower. But in cases where the warehouse compound is vast and couldn’t be conveniently covered by roving guards then maybe the drone would be more practical to employ for monitoring.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandoy View Post
          The drone is a new technology that can be used for security purposes just like the cctv camera. In fact, the drone has a camera that takes footages down below. My take on the drone is the operation because unlike the cctv system where you can just leave it alone to record the video, the drone needs an operator which means you will be spending for the added manpower. But in cases where the warehouse compound is vast and couldn’t be conveniently covered by roving guards then maybe the drone would be more practical to employ for monitoring.
          Drone technology is some how relatively similar to CCTV technology but quite different. Just like you mentioned, drones still need a standing operator in order to having it fully functional and operational unlike the CCTV. So, that being said, before the use of drones can be effectively used, the company must definitely be a huge firm with lots of resources both technology and human wise. In as much as their is an operator behind the drones, there must be boots on the ground in order to follow up anything security breach cover by the drones. Drone technology is not complete without human assistance.

Comment

In one discussion with a colleague over the weekend, I was surprised by his information that the drone for security is operated with the use of the internet. That means the operator can be in a remote place and could launch the drone to the air for the monitoring of the area. Our cctv system at home is also visible to me with the use of the internet and if the operation of the drone is also like that then I guess the drone surveillance system will become popular soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Corzhens View Post
              In one discussion with a colleague over the weekend, I was surprised by his information that the drone for security is operated with the use of the internet. That means the operator can be in a remote place and could launch the drone to the air for the monitoring of the area. Our cctv system at home is also visible to me with the use of the internet and if the operation of the drone is also like that then I guess the drone surveillance system will become popular soon.
              Definitely, all drones are powered, connected and controlled with the use of internet connectivity either wireless or satellite based. Depending on how sophisticated the technology behind the specific drone design goes a long way in determining its connectivity reach from the point of its operators control. Take for instance the drone technology used by the United States of America CIA, DOD and Pentagon, these drones are being operated by experts in the office while the drones covers almost all part of America and other countries.

Comment

Working...
              X