Warehouse Safety

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Warehouse Safety

So are these principles or rules, set by the governing body? Does anyone make sure these are followed? I think all warehouses do take care of all these thing from thier side. But is their like a set of rules that they need to abide to?

Comment

Originally posted by RossGeorge View Post

So are these principles or rules, set by the governing body? Does anyone make sure these are followed? I think all warehouses do take care of all these thing from thier side. But is their like a set of rules that they need to abide to?
      Let me cite the fire safety code that is supposed to be followed by all warehouse and storage centers. But if you would go into details you will find some warehouses that have bad designs regarding the fire safety of the warehouse. It is funny but I saw a big warehouse of a multinational company where one of the fire exits was blocked by a pallet which may be temporary but still the fire exit should always be clear of any obstruction. Maybe the fire safety department of cities and towns should do regular spot checks on the warehouses similar to the annual smoke emission test of vehicles for registration.

Comment

You don't need to say much about some companies having to pay dearly for their poor judgement call when it comes to taking good care of their warehouse as unforgiving fire burns it and everything in it to ashes. I have witnessed this happen on more than one occasion and it's such a horrible sight to behold. My father's warehouse almost suffered the same fate but luck was on our side and it was stopped even before the fire had never started. General sanitation is good for one's warehouse upkeep.

Comment

Originally posted by GrooveStreerforlife
          Smoking is an issue if we talk about safety at any factory building. No one should ever do this, doesn't matter if it's cigarettes or vape like www.deliciousnimbus.com . There are so much fire started from smokers that there is no point any smoking inside. Bad weather and etc doesn't count at all - smoking only in special places.
          Exactly, it's a very bad act to smoke within the warehouse premises. It is a fire outbreak prone risky act that is capable of costing both lives and property. I believe that most warehouses which I have been to all have no smoking signs posted on every corner in the warehouse in order to deter people from smoking.
          Last edited by SCFAdmin; 19 03 19, 00:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Dhanvanthri View Post

3. Clearly Label Designated Hazardous Zones
            We just invested into a high volume color label printer so we can relabel our warehouse with color coated labels.
            Last edited by erinsorensen73; 18 04 19, 18:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Heatman View Post

Exactly, it's a very bad act to smoke within the warehouse premises. It is a fire outbreak prone risky act that is capable of costing both lives and property. I believe that most warehouses which I have been to all have no smoking signs posted on every corner in the warehouse in order to deter people from smoking.
              I have noticed that smoking is now prohibited inside the warehouse and some big companies do not allow smoking inside the compound. This is a vast improvement from the regulations before where I had seen personnel smoking inside the warehouse while doing their work. That is common for a hardware warehouse because they assume that their stocks are not flammable like cement. One unwritten rule in hiring staff for a warehouse is the issue of smoking. Do not hire a smoker to work in a warehouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Corzhens View Post

I have noticed that smoking is now prohibited inside the warehouse and some big companies do not allow smoking inside the compound. This is a vast improvement from the regulations before where I had seen personnel smoking inside the warehouse while doing their work. That is common for a hardware warehouse because they assume that their stocks are not flammable like cement. One unwritten rule in hiring staff for a warehouse is the issue of smoking. Do not hire a smoker to work in a warehouse.
                Seriously, even if the products being handled in the warehouse aren't prone to being flammable, it's not an excuse to allow smoking within and outside the warehouse premises at least for the general health care of those who aren't smokers or those that are allergic to smokes. Personally, I wouldn't hire a known smoker because it's definitely going to be very hard getting the individual not to smoke on duty.

Comment

Working...
                X