Critical aspect of logistics management for sea voyages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critical aspect of logistics management for sea voyages

Most importation and exportation are carried out using the sea voyages and it's for the purpose or shipping benefit of mass transit of heavy bulky products. Now, what are the most critical challenges facing logistics companies that specializes in sea business? Is it weather, pirates, ship wrecks, loading and offloading? Personally, I would liken the issue of pirates as one of the most challenging turmoil facing logistics companies in sea transportation.

What are your thoughts?

In our country, importers and exporters rarely encounter the problem of piracy because our country is situated in the Pacific Ocean and in the heart of Asia where pirates cannot thrive. The only potential problem that I see is the accident because there was a time that a cargo ship hit an oil tanker that caused a lot of damage to both parties. And when something bad happens I guess the insurance will take care of the losses incurred by the exporter or importer.

Comment

Sea security matters so much to importers and exporters because it gives them a great deal of protection against all kinds of sea pirates. Some countries are not fortunate enough to be located with the horizon of pacific ocean and as result of such they are vulnerable to pirates attacks. My country suffers a great deal of pirates attacks by the Niger Delta Militants.

Comment

There is a movie based on the story of a sea vessel that was hijacked by Somali pirates. The harrowing experience was unforgettable, according to the ship’s crew, because the pirates seem to be heartless and would kill people with no reason at all. I guess the cargo ships should be aware of the route that they pass because admittedly there are sea routes that pose danger particularly with the prevalence of the sea pirates.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandoy View Post
          There is a movie based on the story of a sea vessel that was hijacked by Somali pirates. The harrowing experience was unforgettable, according to the ship’s crew, because the pirates seem to be heartless and would kill people with no reason at all. I guess the cargo ships should be aware of the route that they pass because admittedly there are sea routes that pose danger particularly with the prevalence of the sea pirates.
          I think it's more of knowing how to use the ship RADER technology and its SONAR technology as well in order to monitor the presence of other ship vessels within any range of the own cargo ship in order to take alternative routes and avoid getting in contact with others vehicles like ones pirates convey. There is a way the Rader technology can be used to even detect the kind of ship that appears on their Rader to know if it's a friendly or hostile ship.

Comment

Working...
          X