The advantage and a disadvantage of smaller trucks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The advantage and a disadvantage of smaller trucks

Last night we were on the road when the truck ban was over. One lane of the road was occupied by the big trucks. I noticed that some trucks were not on the truck lane. My husband said that only the 10-wheeler and bigger trucks are considered big trucks to be on the truck lane. That means trucks with 6 wheels are not considered big trucks and therefore are not subject to the truck ban. This made me think that logistics companies should consider using smaller trucks to be exempted from the truck ban that is in effect from 6 am to 9 pm (I think it is now 10 pm). Maybe I should ask some friends in the industry on their opinion regarding smaller trucks.

Logically, smaller trucks are more swift when it comes to being fast in reaching their customers destination and it's kind of more safer and easier to drive and control on the road especially bad roads. Small trucks don't have to worry about overload unlike what's obtainable with long trucks. Loading and unloading of products on and off the truck is a lot more easier.

Comment

I agree with Heatman. Smaller trucks are always better than the big trucks. I've faced a lot of issues with big trucks. The main cause of traffic are big trucks. One of my friend shared some information regarding logistics companies. It had a lot of information regarding transportation management and logistics companies. You can check it out if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
        I agree with Heatman. Smaller trucks are always better than the big trucks. I've faced a lot of issues with big trucks. The main cause of traffic are big trucks. One of my friend shared some information regarding logistics companies. It had a lot of information regarding transportation management and logistics companies. You can check it out if needed.
        There has been a lot of accidents here which were all linked to long trucks in one way or another. It got to an extent where there were some dedicated routes for trucks drivers to specifically use in order to reduce run in with private car drivers. It's a very clear understanding that any accidents between trucks and smaller vehicles, these smaller vehicles seems to be crushed completely in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Heatman View Post

There has been a lot of accidents here which were all linked to long trucks in one way or another. It got to an extent where there were some dedicated routes for trucks drivers to specifically use in order to reduce run in with private car drivers. It's a very clear understanding that any accidents between trucks and smaller vehicles, these smaller vehicles seems to be crushed completely in the process.
          Yeah. I totally agree with you. Some strict rules have to be in order to prevent such accidents. I've seen a lot of big trucks overtaking without giving proper signals. It can cost a lot of lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post

Yeah. I totally agree with you. Some strict rules have to be in order to prevent such accidents. I've seen a lot of big trucks overtaking without giving proper signals. It can cost a lot of lives.
            In as much as most truck drivers are at fault when it comes to the causes of most accidents they are involved in with smaller vehicles, the small vehicles drivers are at fault to some reasonable extent. I was baffled the very first time I saw one Honda Civic diver trying to drag road with a truck driver in being too persistent with trying to overtake the trunk. Such occasions has seen particular truck drivers ram such small vehicles off the road. Some people just play with their lives.

Comment

I will always go for the bigger volume because it is more economical in the long run. But if it is about trucks with restriction of a truck ban during the day, common sense tells me that using a small truck will afford you to make deliveries any time of the day or night. When big trucks are not allowed on the road during the entire daytime that is like cutting in half the daily operational period of the trucks to the disadvantage of the company.

Comment

Working...
              X