Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cutting Your Freight Costs - 3 Things to Look At (Video)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting Your Freight Costs - 3 Things to Look At (Video)

Most people focus on the wrong thing!

Rob O'Byrne
    Site Owner & Sponsor

| Supply Chain Consultants | Supply Chain Conference | Supply Chain Education |

I agree that the rate of freight is not easy to bargain with because of the nature of the business that is dependent on the standards. My husbandís brother had a company importing high-grade steel from Japan. The flow of the product is from Japan to the carrier, to the port and then to the warehouse. What they did to save on freight costs is to order a quantity that is above the minimum. He said that the more you order, the lower the cost. Itís like getting a discount. But I donít think that would work for every type of products.

Comment

Originally posted by Corzhens View Post
      I agree that the rate of freight is not easy to bargain with because of the nature of the business that is dependent on the standards. My husbandís brother had a company importing high-grade steel from Japan. The flow of the product is from Japan to the carrier, to the port and then to the warehouse. What they did to save on freight costs is to order a quantity that is above the minimum. He said that the more you order, the lower the cost. Itís like getting a discount. But I donít think that would work for every type of products.
      Exactly! The nature of the products being dealt on goes a very long way in determining how the cost and it's transportation would impact on the final cost of the products which the final consumers are the ones who would bear the burnt. Although in a more general sense, the more you purchase in larger quantities, the lesser the cost would be (Quantity prices are cheaper to retail prices).
      ​​​​

Comment

Working...
      X