X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocation due to new job

Hi everybody,

I probably have to move to Thailand for a new job offer during few months
    I have many questions about the country, what I have to do, which visa is appropriated.
    I would like to know if there are opportunity to have it own business in Thailand. If I accept the offer, I plan after to do my own business in Asia if I enjoy it.

Thanks for your answers.

Sophie

Re: Relocation due to new job

hello
    Your questions are interesting ! Indeed the question of the visa is important because your company has to delivered you a permit of work. The country is very nice ! A lot of things to do Where exactly do you go in Thailand ?

Comment

Good morning,

In which part of Thailand do you want to go to work?

Thailand is a very beautiful destination, there are many career opportunities, especially in Bangkok which is a very dynamic city.

Be prepared for cultural change, weather and city traffic, it's not always easy when you've just arrived.

For the visa issue, you can enter Thailand for 30 days without a visa -If you need to stay longer, it's possible to extend your stay once, from the expiry date of the original visa, for up to 30 days. It is best to contact the embassy directly for more information.

Have a nice day

Comment

I've been to thailand for holiday and its beautiful.

Which part of thailand are you moving to and what kind of business are you looking at?

Comment

Thanks for your answer. I am going to Bangkok. Did you stayed in Bangkok ? What do you think about the city, the country.. ?

Comment

Originally posted by s.smith View Post
            hello
            Your questions are interesting ! Indeed the question of the visa is important because your company has to delivered you a permit of work. The country is very nice ! A lot of things to do Where exactly do you go in Thailand ?
            Thanks for your answer. I am going to Bangkok. Did you stayed in Bangkok ? What do you think about the city, the country.. ?

Comment

Originally posted by haydenmstark View Post
              I've been to thailand for holiday and its beautiful.

Which part of thailand are you moving to and what kind of business are you looking at?
              Hi!
              How many time? I am going to Bangkok. I have an opportunity in international business (as an assistant first..)

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                Good morning,

In which part of Thailand do you want to go to work?

Thailand is a very beautiful destination, there are many career opportunities, especially in Bangkok which is a very dynamic city.

Be prepared for cultural change, weather and city traffic, it's not always easy when you've just arrived.

For the visa issue, you can enter Thailand for 30 days without a visa -If you need to stay longer, it's possible to extend your stay once, from the expiry date of the original visa, for up to 30 days. It is best to contact the embassy directly for more information.

Have a nice day
                Hi.

I am going to Bangkok Did you stayed a lot of time there?

Thanks for the advice. Is it hard to take the subway. Or it is better by taxis?

Have a nice day too

Comment

Hello, I am currently living in Bangkok which is an amazing city !
                  What do you want to know exactly about Bangkok ?
                  Do you know in which neighborhood of Bangkok is situated your future company or have you already take an appartement ?

Comment

Originally posted by s.smith View Post
                    Hello, I am currently living in Bangkok which is an amazing city !
                    What do you want to know exactly about Bangkok ?
                    Do you know in which neighborhood of Bangkok is situated your future company or have you already take an appartement ?
                    Oh really nice!!!!! Do you live in Bangkok since a long time? I would like to know which parts of Bangkok are better to live? Why? I didn't booked any apartment at the moment. My office is located in the center of Bangkok but I am used to do be a bit away from my work if it is better to live. It's not a problem. More over, a friend of a friend told me that there are few interesting local markets. Do you know some ?

Comment

Great ! Yes actually it's been 3 years I live Here and I used to I live in chatuchak near the park, it is very calm but it is a little far from the city not that far but I have a BTS near home, it helps. It is not a problem to live far away from your workplace here everything is accessible thanks to Bus, Mrt, Bts, taxis so no worries! Yeah ! actually I know the chatuchak market (open the week end), chinatown, patpong night market etc Do you prefer to live in a place very crowd or calm ?

Comment

Wow. Bangkok center is not calm I guess... ^^ But I can imagine that there are quite places around it. Thanks for the market advice And how did you do for all your items? I actually have a lot of things to bring with me, and I think it won't be possible to bring everything in my luggage. I was thinking to sent all by plane but I don't really know how to do.. ask directly to the air company?

Comment

Hi S.Deschamps ! It's been 3 years so I can't remember exactly... But I've asked to one of my colleagues who came 2 month ago, which company of freight he had contacted. So, yeah of course you can send by air or sea freight but it's depending on your volume and the weight. The company's name is Siam Shipping, it is a company based in Bangkok he said, if you have questions you should asked them because I am not sure about what I m saying https://siam-shipping.com/ If you have any questions about Bangkok do not hesitate to ask me & Good luck !

Comment

Hi,
                            I visited Thailand last year with family and I love the place. It's really a beautiful place to live.
                            Good Luck.
                            Thanks.

Comment

I don't really know much about Thailand because I haven't been there but I know very well some of the things the country's government frowns at very well and it's the issue of drugs either for personal use or intent of selling. Try as much as possible to stay away from getting caught up knowingly or unknowingly in drugs matters because you may either end up in jail or get deported immediately.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X