When products are gamaged during shipment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When products are gamaged during shipment

Do you ask for refunds when you receive faulty goods from the supplier (goods having manufacturing defects) or goods that were damaged during the shipment process? My supplier does not take responsibility of damaged goods, however, it provides warranty for manufacturing defects. Do you think the supplier should cover the damages during the shipment?

Re: When products are gamaged during shipment

It's only rightful that the supplier or the manufacturer should shoulder the cost of the damaged incurred on the products and should also replaced or refund those with manufacturing defects. I don't usually know how their warranty works but what I know is that as long as the product is still not in the possession of the customers when the said demeanor happens, it is still the company's responsibility to make it safe and sound. Whatever happens to the products from the warehouse and during the delivery, the company is the one solely responsible to it.

Comment

I think the transport company should be shouldering the cost of damages in this case because the cargo had incurred damages during trip from the supplier to the customer. But I know that the cargo is fully insured especially if it is an importation. So maybe the transporter or brokerage firm would be the one to facilitate the refund from the insurance company by presenting the necessary documents.

Comment

If the product is something that is affected by this, I would absolutely look for something relating to this in the description, if it is frmo a reputable company. If you are buying from a person, though, then you are probably on your own and we all know the "buyer beware" saying for a reason.

Comment

Such situation is the reason why ever business and company should require of a supplier a guarantee for refunding items damaged during shipment since this leads to financial losses.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandoy View Post
            I think the transport company should be shouldering the cost of damages in this case because the cargo had incurred damages during trip from the supplier to the customer. But I know that the cargo is fully insured especially if it is an importation. So maybe the transporter or brokerage firm would be the one to facilitate the refund from the insurance company by presenting the necessary documents.
            I agree with you. The transport company should be bearing the cost for the damages. The supplier sends quality goods and the customers will be expecting quality goods. However, if the goods are damaged on the way, it is not supplier or customer's fault, instead it is transport's fault. The goods were damaged because the transport carried did not handle them properly.
            PS: I am sorry for miss spelling on the title. I could not find a way to edit the title.

Comment

When goods are damaged during shipping or transport process, the transport or shipping line should be held responsible for this and not the supplier. If the goods left the company without damaged, then they should are not responible for what transpired during transportation.

Comment

yes the supply chain should consider the damages or it is a great loss.

MS Ramaiah Medical College admission Rajarajeswari Medical College admission Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences admission BGS Global Institute of Medical Sciences admission MVJ Medical College admission Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences admission

Comment

I think in such case the logistic unit has to own up the mistakes. Because they can't shrug this off on anyone. They made mistake in their workflow. And they have to take responsibility. And if possible the damage has to be paid to the customer and also to the manufacturer. So in the packaging and the transit part one has to be very careful. And they have to also deal with the different type of conditions. That's how they can manage the issues with the shipments.

Comment

Well it depends, If a product is damaged by a forklift, then the warehouse insurance policy is looked to. If the product is damaged between the warehouse and the buyer, the carrier insurance is looked to.

Comment

Originally posted by luri View Post
                      I agree with you. The transport company should be bearing the cost for the damages. The supplier sends quality goods and the customers will be expecting quality goods. However, if the goods are damaged on the way, it is not supplier or customer's fault, instead it is transport's fault. The goods were damaged because the transport carried did not handle them properly.
                      PS: I am sorry for miss spelling on the title. I could not find a way to edit the title.
                      This^^ ultimately, however my experience (as a shipper and a receiver of goods) is that the receiver will inform the supplier and place a claim for refund or replacement with them and the supplier will then claim from the transporter.
                      Increase your warehouse efficiency. Worldwide application: www.sanvean.co.uk

Comment

Such situation is the reason why ever business and company should require of a supplier a guarantee for refunding items damaged during shipment since this leads to financial losses.

Comment

Originally posted by Suman Verma
                          Even I want to know this. In case, the product is damaged during shipping whi is responsible for it the business or the logistics (delivery) partner?
                          I imagine local laws could differ, but in the UK the contract is between the customer and the seller - the seller (business) is responsible for the goods until they are delivered. If goods arrive damaged the customer will hold the business responsible and it is the businesses legal obligation to resolve the issue. If the business believes that the damage has been caused by the logistics partner (i.e. all damaged caused in transit)it is up to the business to resolve this with the carrier seperately - it should not affect any resolution with the customer.
                          Increase your warehouse efficiency. Worldwide application: www.sanvean.co.uk

Comment

Regarding the refunds it just depend on what's the payment terms you have confirmed with your supplier,if the CIF terms,with no doubt,the supplier should provide you the refunds,but if the EXW,FOB or other terms define the responsible of the cargos damage occured before abroad,then the supplier has no obligation to take the refunds for you.
                            But if there were some Protection measures for the cargo transportation,the damage maybe won't happen,so friend you can just see some packaging solutions on line,to protect your cargos,such as put set dunnage air bag,lashing belt,air cushion and etc.

Hope my suggestion can help you totally.

Comment

It all depends on where the damage happens in the chain of custody. For businesses a damaged consignment (like a raw material) can mean a negative downstream impact (such as disruption in production schedules). Also, to improve insurance claims, it helps pinpoint where it happened and who (the shipper or the transporter) was responsible. Here is a real-time package-level visibility service that helps identify damage

Comment

Working...
                              X