Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you usually ask for supplier information from your friends?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you usually ask for supplier information from your friends?

Although it's a practice that I usually do very infrequently (because it's not part of my permanent business strategy ), I think it's worth asking for advice from friends who understand this subject (mainly those who already have some company). I believe the exchange of experiences is extremely valid, in order to improve the aspects that need to be improved.

Sometimes I like to get this information from close people to me because that makes me feel more comfortable in hiring some new supplier. If there is a great recommendation, I'll at least consider the fact of knowing their work, and if this work is what I expect, the chances of me hiring are very high.

Re: Do you usually ask for supplier information from your friends?

Hello ! yES I agree with you, friends can help if they work in this sector obviously

Comment

I'd like to point out that consulting with your friend on a matter he or she doesn't have any concrete information on is a complete waste of time and effort or energy. Whatever information generated using such medium is utterly useless. You can make use of the company's website to read more about the company and how they operate or better still you look for reviews online, you are definitely going to find something helpful.

Comment

I had the opportunity to have some relatives in the supply chain industry but I have to be frank that they really didnít give me some helpful information. What they usually tell me are common facts that I already know. One cousin is an importer of footwear from Chinese factories and he would be quiet when there are problems with his importation like delayed delivery or poor quality. Maybe it is better to ask information from people who are not close to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Corzhens View Post
          I had the opportunity to have some relatives in the supply chain industry but I have to be frank that they really didnít give me some helpful information. What they usually tell me are common facts that I already know. One cousin is an importer of footwear from Chinese factories and he would be quiet when there are problems with his importation like delayed delivery or poor quality. Maybe it is better to ask information from people who are not close to you.
          Those your relatives are supposed to play a big role in making available information for you based on their business, although some of them might be too careful not to make available their business secret to just about any relatives for one reason or another. It might be that they feel insecure telling you everything about their importation business for the fear of having to compete with another relative in the same line of business.

Comment

Working...
          X