The cost of a Mc Donald's franchise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The cost of a Mc Donald's franchise

I agree that McDonald's franchise fee does not come cheap, and simply because it is McDonald's. There are a lot of people who would love to have their own fast food franchise or food outlets but can't afford to have their own McDonald's franchise or even Jollibee, KFC and Pizza Hut as they are all costly and are very strict in terms of franchising policies. That's why most of small business entrepreneurs in our area settle for food carts for the meantime while preparing for the big venture.

Comment

You can see why the franchise costs so much to start off with though, as I don't think that I have ever heard of a McDonald's, Pizza Hut or KFC failing, so if you get the money together then you are almost...guaranteed success. I say almost because in the past no doubt there will have been some that have failed, but I think if you know what you're doing and you are willing to work, having a name such as McDonald's over the door is one of the best ways to virtually write your own wage cheque.

Comment

It's not such an expensive franchise (considering others franchises, of course), but I think it's all depends on a fundamental question: "Is it worth investing?".

McDonald's is a franchise well known worldwide, and depending on where you are planning to open another, it may or may not be a good deal. Then, research is of an essential importance to know if it's worth investing the money so that there is no further regret (particularly, I think the fast food market is one of the most competitive - and in some way, saturated - nowadays).

Comment

Could it be the main reason why people are having a really hard time landing a stable position at most McDonald's outlets? In order for them to have a fast ROI, an investor would actually make it a point not to make any employees especially those below the managerial position to achieve a regular position. Or was it just the result of the so called globalization that makes it hard for low earning workers to have a much better chance of landng a more secure job?

Comment

Originally posted by TheOtherSide View Post
            Could it be the main reason why people are having a really hard time landing a stable position at most McDonald's outlets? In order for them to have a fast ROI, an investor would actually make it a point not to make any employees especially those below the managerial position to achieve a regular position. Or was it just the result of the so called globalization that makes it hard for low earning workers to have a much better chance of landng a more secure job?
            I doubt that it could be a reason for why are people are having a hard time landing jobs in MCDonald's outlets but as you stated the visible issue is securing a job for low earning workers.

Comment

Working...
            X