Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats the best supply chain management strategies?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: whats the best supply chain management strategies?

There is never a right answer. It depends on your business, your customer, and the environment. Here are some questions you can ask yourself before deciding on the best supply chain strategy:
    1)How steady is my sales or seasonal variations?
    2)What is the minimum and maximum number of days of inventory I need to hold?
    3)What are my transit times in my first and last miles?
    4)How many modes of transport do I use? Air, sea, rail. In other words, what is my dependency or risk of a delay
    5)How sensitive are my goods to conditions like temperature, humidity or pressure and what season is it? For instance, some chocolates may not need a cold chain all year around in northern Europe, while it may need a cold chain operation even in Indian winters.
    6)What are my payment terms with my customers? Am I being paid in advance (which means my deliveries are not linked to my working capital)? Who bears detention costs?

Based on this you can decide to go in for a JIT model or a large regional warehousing model similar to that of an FMCG company. In either case, define your metrics well. Once you have your metrics in place, pick a good visibility solution (here is a guide on how to pick the right visibility solution: 5 Things you need for real-time tracking) and enforce these metrics to run an efficient supply chain.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Nicks View Post
      Need more information about best supply chain management strategies.
      Well there are really many of them and it's hard to say which one is the best, everything depends on a certain type of business which you have. But I can say from my own experience (I work in a companny which sells gadgets) the best ideas for every business can be ones which are always connected with current customers' demands and fast responding for them. Good, professional planning is a very important thing as also the project management which is a basis for effective general work process and separate works of your stuff. In this case I as a manager too think that inventory management systems http://www.meadewillis.com/ are one of the best in this case, they're so helpful in controlling all processees and parts in chain supplies, this always makes any business more effective. It's simple, managing your work and products for making it gives you money as a result and also such systems are nice in case of motivation for stuff and coordinating our workers too. Optimization of product designs is an effective thing too, besides in can be a cool innovation too. Often and constant upgrading of your production variety, suppliers etc. is an other key to success.

Comment

I recognize alternate publications here for their info however I think there ought to be a touch of space for adaptability with regards to working a decent production network. Those specified above are extraordinary systems and many supply binds stick to them. Be that as it may, they are non specific in nature so to call them best procedures is to some degree a misnomer. The best methodologies are very the subtle elements. They vary starting with one inventory network then onto the next. Yet, regardless of the minor contrasts, the objective is the same: most extreme profitability and effectiveness.
        Synchronzed Supply Systems Ltd

Comment

I recognize alternate publications here for their info, however, I think there ought to be a touch of space for adaptability with regards to working a decent production network. Those specified above are extraordinary systems and many supply binds stick to them. Be that as it may, they are non specific in nature so to call them best procedures is to some degree a misnomer. The best methodologies are very the subtle elements. They vary starting with one inventory network then onto the next. Yet, regardless of the minor contrasts, the objective is the same: most extreme profitability and effectiveness.

Comment

A supply chain management strategy can help build your clients. One-of- a-kind operations and
            an exceptional supply chain is always beneficial. A consulting group can help you improve in
            these areas. Supply chain management services like Lean Supply Solutions help enterprises align
            their supply chain processes & operating models with their business strategy.
            Last edited by SCFAdmin; 01 03 19, 02:00.

Comment

I praise alternate notices here for their information yet I think there ought to be a touch of space for adaptability with regards to working a decent store network. Those said above are extraordinary methodologies and many supply ties stick to them. In any case, they are non specific in nature so to call them best techniques is to some degree a misnomer. The best methodologies are very the points of interest. They contrast starting with one store network then onto the next. However, notwithstanding the minor contrasts, the objective is the same: most extreme profitability and effectiveness.

Comment

I praise alternate notices here for their information yet I think there ought to be a touch of space for adaptability with regards to working a decent store network. Those said above are extraordinary methodologies and many supply ties stick to them. In any case, they are non specific in nature so to call them best techniques is to some degree a misnomer. The best methodologies are very the points of interest. They contrast starting with one store network then onto the next. However, notwithstanding the minor contrasts, the objective is the same: most extreme profitability and effectiveness.

Comment

The best supply chain management strategies must effectively manage risk. In the global supply chain, the best-laid plans can be derailed by circumstances that are out of your control. From weather events to mechanical breakdowns, there are things that must be accounted for in advance.

A few qualities that a premier supply chain management strategy should include are an awareness of the capabilities of those who work in your supply chain, consistent internal review, and a good feel for the technology and data that has become the backbone of your supply chain.

Supply chain management doesn’t remain stagnant for long. As the world around us changes, adapting to the technological advancements across industries, everything about the logistics industry changes with it. What was once a reliable strategy can become an outdated one before you know it.

Comment

Hello
                    Chances are you've heard the term supply chain strategy. ... Supply chain strategy is an iterative process that evaluates the cost- benefit trade-offs of operational components. Business strategy involves leveraging the core competencies of the organization to achieve a defined high-level goal or objective

Comment

Hi Steven, hope my answer below helps.

The increased complexity of modern supply chain means having it monitored in minute details. Tracking products and operational efficiencies to meet the ever growing demands. The focus is on gathering correct and real-time data to monitor an end-to-end supply chain efficiency. Today, cloud computing has really driven SCM, along with other SaaS solutions, because of its huge ability to scale without the huge installation costs associated with on premise storage. Since SCM is complex in nature, scalability is a key point of differentiation. Other reasons that cloud technology has driven supply chain innovation includes single-platform collaboration, the ability to maximise Big Data for intelligent decision making, increased focus on inventory control and 3PL neutrality. As the sheer volume of data and the capabilities of current data mining seem the perfect reason for the logical inclusion of AI (Artificial Intelligence) in global supply chain management strategy. According to a recent Gartner report, by 2020 30% of CIOs will include AI in their top five investment priorities, The arrival of AI and machine learning will enable companies to reconsider their supply chains in a tactical and strategic way; given the enhanced data mining abilities will ease insight from the masses of data at the press of a button.

Comment

Yes this answer is really helpful for me
                        Thank you for sharing

Comment

Troughed Belt Conveyor
                          Trough Belt Conveyors are designed to leverage the open frame and trough effect of the rubber belt to fully contain the load of materials. Trough belt conveyors are the most widely used and efficient means of moving bulk materials because they are manufactured to Convey high tonnage of materials

Comment

Given the current demand and competitive landscape of supply chain management here are 5 ways we think any good supply chain management strategy should consist of:

1) Scalability
                            2) Collaboration on a single platform
                            3) Intelligent Decision Making
                            4) Inventory Flow and Stock control
                            5) 3PL Neutral
                            Last edited by SCFAdmin; 01 03 19, 02:01.

Comment

Agree with this opinion. Best strategy should be aligned to company goals such less inventory, increase productivity,on time delivery etc.

Comment

Free September 2018 Calendar
                                Printable Calendar September 2018
                                September 2018 Calendar
                                Last edited by SCFAdmin; 01 03 19, 02:01.

Comment

Working...
                                X