Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isnít Theory of Constraints a manufacturing scheduling method?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isnít Theory of Constraints a manufacturing scheduling method?

Can someone explain to me the concept of Theory of Constraints

Re: Isnít Theory of Constraints a manufacturing scheduling method?

Theory Of Constraints and thinking processes provides a set of tools to create a road map for transformational change in a business. Such an accelerated improvement or change involves answering the following questions:

What to change? To what to change to? How to cause the change?
    These thinking tools can guide decision makers in answering these questions by facilitating the process of problem structuring, problem identification, solution building, identification of barriers to be overcome and implementation of the solution."
    Last edited by Starbucks Junkie; 15 04 16, 16:31. Reason: Removed Link

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Nicks View Post
      Can someone explain to me the concept of Theory of Constraints

THEORY OF CONSTRAINTS SIMPLIFIED EXPLANATION

Business Improvement Management - The Big Idea – Every process has a constraint (bottleneck) and focusing improvement efforts on that constraint is the fastest and most effective path to improved profitability.

Reading links:-

VIDEOS:-

Finding online lecture videos will get you deeper studies.

Theory Of Constraints kinda sounds wordy and a mouthful but its like that in all careers with book volumes of terms, abbreviations and acronym's just to confuse us all, LoL

The meaning of "Constraint" Encarta Dictionary - something that limits freedom of action

Just a fancy word for "Bottlenecks" LoL

Of course depending on the industry things get very complex and involve S.M.E's with qualifications but working for a small to medium business your break things down to a core and begin with simplified steps like in the above videos and build up through process improvements.

Which by the way is a full-time job for an experienced and qualified person to move from one state of doing business where there are gaps and problems to a more streamlined solution resolving issues step by step.

This might involve safety laws to adhere, legal cover to proceed, government approvals and local state licensing etc to research all by which must must obtain records for auditing inspections so on, its not an easy process but an ongoing systematic approach of refinement.

Again its nothing to fear but fear itself you can use consultancy agencies that charge a fee that will provide you the support and services like here:- http://www.dawsonconsulting.com.au/

But its better to protect your business entity and trade secrets and use the knowledge there is around and employ someone in senior operations that can assist in this area as a WIP / implementation process. (Work in Progress - Projects)

I hope that helps forumers as talking about stuff I have had to do or learn just reinforces the lesson for me also.

I also never take for granted the things that people have taught me, so I pass it on!

Thats more than enough info in a nutshell as a start or brief view of what the "Theory of Constrains" is and how to go about starting it.
      sigpic

Comment

Theory of Constraints is a methodology for identifying the most important limiting factor (i.e. constraint) that stands in the way of achieving a goal and then systematically improving that constraint until it is no longer the limiting factor. In manufacturing, the constraint is often referred to as a bottleneck.

Comment

Originally posted by KAIZEN-GUY View Post

THEORY OF CONSTRAINTS SIMPLIFIED EXPLANATION

Business Improvement Management - The Big Idea – Every process has a constraint (bottleneck) and focusing improvement efforts on that constraint is the fastest and most effective path to improved profitability.

Reading links:-

VIDEOS:-

Finding online lecture videos will get you deeper studies.

Theory Of Constraints kinda sounds wordy and a mouthful but its like that in all careers with book volumes of terms, abbreviations and acronym's just to confuse us all, LoL

The meaning of "Constraint" Encarta Dictionary - something that limits freedom of action

Just a fancy word for "Bottlenecks" LoL

Of course depending on the industry things get very complex and involve S.M.E's with qualifications but working for a small to medium business your break things down to a core and begin with simplified steps like in the above videos and build up through process improvements.

Which by the way is a full-time job for an experienced and qualified person to move from one state of doing business where there are gaps and problems to a more streamlined solution resolving issues step by step.

This might involve safety laws to adhere, legal cover to proceed, government approvals and local state licensing etc to research all by which must must obtain records for auditing inspections so on, its not an easy process but an ongoing systematic approach of refinement.

Again its nothing to fear but fear itself you can use consultancy agencies that charge a fee that will provide you the support and services like here:- http://www.dawsonconsulting.com.au/

But its better to protect your business entity and trade secrets and use the knowledge there is around and employ someone in senior operations that can assist in this area as a WIP / implementation process. (Work in Progress - Projects)

I hope that helps forumers as talking about stuff I have had to do or learn just reinforces the lesson for me also.

I also never take for granted the things that people have taught me, so I pass it on!

Thats more than enough info in a nutshell as a start or brief view of what the "Theory of Constrains" is and how to go about starting it.
          Well, this best explains the theory of constraints far more better than I could ever put it. Even with the video tutorials on it helps to illustrate well what the TOC is all about.

Comment

Working...
          X