How Logistics Workforce should change in Industry 4.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Logistics Workforce should change in Industry 4.0

With a new Industrial Revolution, changes are inevitable.

Today, technology or robots are productive assistants to human. Nonetheless, the capability of technology is endless. Disruptive technology brings about changes in the workforce. Manual jobs will be replaced, while new kinds of jobs will be created. In the near future, technologies (AI, machine learning and software automation applications) would no longer primarily impact low-wage, uneducated workers, but would also increasingly enable computers to fulfill jobs that require significant training and education, according to Ford, 2009. Technological progress is relentless, and machines and computers would eventually approach the point where they would match or exceed the average worker’s ability to perform most routine work tasks.

What should the workforce do?

Çağlayan Arkan, General Manager of Worldwide Manufacturing & Resources at Microsoft holds a positive look on the future of the workforce: “There has never been a more exciting time to be part of the future of the workforce, as the workplace has evolved to a highly technologically advanced environment. Employees need to understand what the new professions are and seek out those roles through things like continuing or advanced education. Employees have the opportunity to focus their contributions more around digital, intelligence and technology focused types of roles. It is almost a sure bet that those who acquire these new skills will be gainfully employed.”

Read the full article at: https://www.abivin.com/single-post/H...in-Industry-40

Re: How Logistics Workforce should change in Industry 4.0

In my oppinion this whole thing is very good.
    Everyone is "Scared" that they'll loose their jobs, but that's what people thought in the past when computers appeared, but look at us now, we all have jobs and actually we have much more jobs, better ones.
    There's a few books about this whole thing, and i believe that change is very good. Yes, robos will take a lot of jobs , but somebody has to make robos, somebody has to maintain em, sell em, and so on.
    Developing new technology is a consept that should be worked on as much as possible.

Comment

I agree that technological progress is relentless and we cannot question the advances in terms of benefits to humans. But when it comes to mechanization and automation in the logistics industry I’d say there are limitations. Innovations are not easy to implement because of government regulations particularly that of regarding safety. Take the case of the drone for delivery. It has been several years already that drones are in testing but until now there is no concrete proposal to use it for the delivery of goods.

Comment

Working...
      X