Reselling Your Services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reselling Your Services

i have found that one of the best methods to help keep the business growing is to have a person dedicated to reselling our services. We have all had it happen where a long time customer, or even a one time customer does not come back. As attractive as it is to attract a new customer base, you have to take the time to re-cultivate the customers that you already have. I was surprised at the amount of new orders that came in when we took the time to reach out to those customers we have not heard from in awhile. Even more surprising was the wealth of knowledge we gained when we took the time to really look at what it was that those customers were now needing.

Although we always had this in our business plan as something to do our SWOT analysis really did not focus on a method that would achieve this as an end. It took some trial and error on our part but in the end it was definitely worth it. Being a service based industry, there rally was not much we could do on the promotional end, or so it seemed at first. Once we got our names back on the calendar it turned out that we could use promotional techniques to keep in the loop and build the benefit of the business relationship through networking. It does work and is so much better then trying to cold call or cultivate new relationships without any information.

i am interested in knowing what other methods others here have used to resell or as I like to say re-acquaint people with your professional services. So far I have been working business lunches and seminars, but I know there are so many more effective methods- What works for you?

Re: Reselling Your Services

When we had our computer supplies retailing business which was managed by my husband, we have that chore called prospecting. It is the method of looking for prospective customers by calling on the phone from the numbers we get in so many ways. Take note that there was no internet yet so we had to resort to manual search like the ever reliable phone directory, company billboards, even companies advertising for their products. Part of that prospecting chore is to call on existing customers to offer new products or to simply inquire about their probable order. That way, our sales staff get a personal connection to the existing clients which strengthens the bond of customer-supplier relationship.

Comment

The bottom line is that you have to take care of your returning customers. In the tourism and hotel industry it is vital to reach out to returning customers. Upon initial registration you have their contact information. Send little reminders and offer them specials and promotional material and remind them that you are open for revisits. There is only XXXX amount of tourist in the world. There is no guarantee that they all will visit your hotel or use your service. Returning customer base is essential for longevity.

You have to take care of returning customers and make them feel special by remembering them and their special request. A standard has been set, and they expect the same level of service or more.

Comment

In this day and age, middlemen selllers or resellers are changing the way companies do business. In fact, I've seen a number of resellers in cyberspace such as those in the hotel or plane booking business. Expedia, Trip Advisor, Travel Compare and other websites like them have earned a lot of income thanks to the additional overhead charge (sort of like a reseller fee). As a start-up business, it's impossible for me to find people to resell my services. Perhaps it should be the other way around. I should be the one to resell those already established services then.

Comment

Originally posted by xTinx View Post
          As a start-up business, it's impossible for me to find people to resell my services. Perhaps it should be the other way around. I should be the one to resell those already established services then.
          You can do both. Remember: no company begins as a multi-national. Big things have humble beginnings. Do not give up...

In my opinion, you should get a network of resellers starting right now. At least you should consider listing your business in the relesser sites / programs. You should set to pay under the CPA (cost per acquisition) model, which is a pretty fair one for both parties involved.

Comment

This is something I do within my own personal business. Getting customers to come back can be as important, if not more important, than gaining new ones. Some who like your product/service and have the money can become loyal customers for life if you treat them well.

The best way, I have found, to ensure this happens is to treat every customer with respect and kindness. Make sure that you complete an order/service within a timely manner. And if there is a problem of any kind, absolutely deal with it right away. You may become frustrated or even overworked, but don't show these emotions to your customers. Only let them see the polished, professional side of your work, and supply a product/service that is your very best work, and you will more than likely acquire customers who keep coming back for more.

Comment

Well this is something that really come to learn after selling for a while, at least from what I have experienced. Why not focus on the customers that you already have is just right, but it takes a little discipline to think that way. It is natural to go out and want to get new customers, but that can often be a waste of time. It takes a fresh set of eyes to examine the situation and determine where you should emphasize your focus when it comes to selling, so take a step back. I would be interested to see some numbers on this topic, so I might just go do a little research. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Assuming that you have some social media presence then an easy way to reach your former customers is to reach out by retweeting something they tweeted, liking a post they've made on Facebook or elsewhere or leaving a comment. If you have their contact information you could call or send them an email asking them to leave some feedback for your services. You shouldn't expect to hear from them but it's a gentle nudge reminding them that you are still in business and that could probably draw them back . . .

Comment

I think reselling is a good strategy especially when it comes to businesses which focus on services. It is easier to sell again to a customer who has already experienced your services especially those who had good experiences with your company. The rapport is already there and you only have to bring it out again to the limelight.

Comment

Originally posted by gracer View Post
                    I think reselling is a good strategy especially when it comes to businesses which focus on services. It is easier to sell again to a customer who has already experienced your services especially those who had good experiences with your company. The rapport is already there and you only have to bring it out again to the limelight.
                    That isn't what reselling services means.

Comment

An experience of the developer and the PC security programmer subculture happened toward the finish of the 1980s, when a gathering of PC security programmers, identifying with the Chaos Computer Club godacityhacks , broke into PCs of American military associations and scholastic foundations.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleBee View Post
                        This is something I do within my own personal business. Getting customers to come back can be as important, if not more important, than gaining new ones. Some who like your product/service and have the money can become loyal customers for life if you treat them well.

The best way, I have found, to ensure this happens is to treat every customer with respect and kindness. Make sure that you complete an order/service within a timely manner. And if there is a problem of any kind, absolutely deal with it right away. You may become frustrated or even overworked, but don't show these emotions to your customers. Only let them see the polished, professional side of your work, and supply a product/service that is your very best work, and you will more than likely acquire customers who keep coming back for more.
                        those who are suffering from there custom order can merge it with me and i can help it with taking half of it or you can see reviews of phenq diet pills

Comment

Whoah !
                          You people seem to know what you're doing. I've leared so much so far, and its really amazing.

Comment

Working...
                          X