Best timing for Purchasing perishable goods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best timing for Purchasing perishable goods

One thing that is very peculiar about perishable goods is that when you fail to have all sold out of stock on time, they would definitely get damaged resulting in your losing money in the investment. Someone asked in a seminar that I attended, when would be the best time to purchase perishable goods and my response was taking into consideration that market demand at any point in time because it's what decides how fast those products are sold out.

I think I had a topic about perishable goods and I agree that timing is very critical. It’s not only the timing in sales but also in purchases. One good example is the trader of vegetables that they purchase from the farm everyday to be distributed to the market in the early morning. What if the truck experiences a breakdown? With the sales, the owner of the business said that unsold vegetables are given to civic organizations and also the zoo. Of course, it is best if they could not give anything which means everything was sold.

Comment

Originally posted by Corzhens View Post
      I think I had a topic about perishable goods and I agree that timing is very critical. It’s not only the timing in sales but also in purchases. One good example is the trader of vegetables that they purchase from the farm everyday to be distributed to the market in the early morning. What if the truck experiences a breakdown? With the sales, the owner of the business said that unsold vegetables are given to civic organizations and also the zoo. Of course, it is best if they could not give anything which means everything was sold.
      Exactly, it's why there should be a contingency plan set apart should there be a case of the truck breaking down which would affect the delivery of the perishable products because once they fail to arrive on time, they are basically useless being delivered late since their purpose were meant to be utilized sooner rather than later.

Comment

For products that have a very short “shelf life” like vegetables and fruits, you can learn from the traders of their style of purchasing. They go on a market survey before they place their order to the farms or orchards. Take note that farm products need at least 2 weeks advance notice for orders so the trader should be smart enough to predict the market after 2 weeks when his order would be delivered and his turn to distribute to his customers.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandoy View Post
          For products that have a very short “shelf life” like vegetables and fruits, you can learn from the traders of their style of purchasing. They go on a market survey before they place their order to the farms or orchards. Take note that farm products need at least 2 weeks advance notice for orders so the trader should be smart enough to predict the market after 2 weeks when his order would be delivered and his turn to distribute to his customers.
          Exactly, timing is very important factor in dealing with purchasing and reselling of perishable products especially farm products. It's not just purchasing at the right time that matters most but also the possibility of selling them off on time as soon as possible when they are still fresh in order to avoid bearing serious loss. In fact, it's more advisable to have standby customers to sell off to once the products are delivered.

Comment

Yesterday I noticed one truck with a big sign in front that says “do not delay, perishable goods.” I guess that notice is for the “vultures” on the road who would hail the truck for inquiry which is a common cause of delay. In order to avoid delay, the driver would shell out some money so the traffic officer will let them go at once. With that sign about the perishable goods I think it will be a deterrent for the “road vultures” to stop the truck for inspection.

Comment

My country's policemen are the worst road vultures who would go to any extent to delay trucks on the road in order to have bribes collected before letting them go not minding the nature of products being transported. There have two different occasions where a police man shot d driver simply because the driver refused to give him the normal road bribe rate they always extorted from drivers. This incident almost led to the burning down of one police station in the state because it was linked to be the station the policeman was drafted to the road from.

Comment

Working...
              X