When supplies are suddenly gone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When supplies are suddenly gone

One friendís business involved in selling smuggled goods which obviously earns him a good profit. But he suddenly lost his suppliers. With the recent senate hearing on the procedures of the bureau of customs, smuggling seemed to have been halted temporarily. Back to the business, the imported shampoo and soap, which were supplied by a broker. Now the goods are gone and they donít know for how long. Is it time to shift to legal products just to continue the business?

Re: When supplies are suddenly gone

This has been happening to a few business over the last few years and i have to admit that it's rather difficult situation, but my advise is to shift to legal products for safety.

Comment

Going illegal isn't a good idea for one, ethical and religious reasons, and second, you have to be very smart. I mean, the people running drug cartels, for instance, are very smart people.

Comment

I think it's high time that your friend should switch to more legal ways of doing business. He may have succeeded in the past doing things which are not so good, he will certainly loose more if caught with doing illegal transactions. He could even be penalized and put to jail depending on the gravity of the crime committed.

Comment

I think your friend should be smart enough to avoid illegal supplies before the law will catch up with him. Although those people make huge profit from it, but I know they don't always have their peace of mind because they are always afraid with one thing or the other. I suggest he shift to legal before he is implicated.

Comment

Interesting scenario. Most of the malls and the shops go through this scenario plenty of times. And it's possible to say that some of the time you have to let go of customers. And that seems to be the way for the managing of the inventory. So i'd say there has to be some sort of system that can take care of the inventory. And it can be easily managed like this in that case.

These days many malls and the shops are making use of the ERP and the inventory management software. So it works out for them.

Comment

Originally posted by skysnap View Post
              Interesting scenario. Most of the malls and the shops go through this scenario plenty of times. And it's possible to say that some of the time you have to let go of customers. And that seems to be the way for the managing of the inventory. So i'd say there has to be some sort of system that can take care of the inventory. And it can be easily managed like this in that case.

These days many malls and the shops are making use of the ERP and the inventory management software. So it works out for them.
              It's a know fact that illegal business is very fruitful in yielding lots of money as those banned good fetch a good price in the market but to really be on the safer side, it's not advisable to stick in the line of illegal business because it's punishable by the law and once caught, it's straight to prison after court trail.

Well to your that is dealing in illegally smuggled good, I would advice him to look for other business to invest in. There are actually tons of legal business one could invest in and really make a reasonable amount of money and profit as well. From my analysis, I think it's for his own good that the illegal smuggling business is halted because it might be time he get caught.

I believe he has already make a good deal on money over the course of his illegal business before now, so I am definitely sure that a starting capital wouldn't be a problem for him. Let him seat and think of a better legal business he would go into. I am quite certain he would succeed.

Comment

I would advise your friend to try to get involved in the legal side of business for obvious reasons. I mean you can only be lucky so long when doing illegal things, and I think that this may be his cue to go "straight" so to speak.

Comment

Fortunately this has never happened to me because despite some concerns everything has always been solved because of the plans B, C, D and the others more. I think it all depends on how well your strategies are designed, devised and mostly implemented.

Comment

Originally posted by Shine_Spirit View Post
                    Fortunately this has never happened to me because despite some concerns everything has always been solved because of the plans B, C, D and the others more. I think it all depends on how well your strategies are designed, devised and mostly implemented.
                    That's the best way to approach such situations is to plan ahead and have plans ready to be executed in such times to avoid any losses and continue the growth of the business.

Comment

This is like asking "should I stop selling drugs since there is an anti drug campaign happening?". I do know some businessmen resort to doing illegal stuff for higher profits but if you're friend doesn't believe in karma and god, might as well continue doing business with that smuggling thing. I'm happy earning just a bit as long as I am not doing something illegal, imagine if I have kids and I get my name dragged into something about smuggling, how would my kids feel about that? How would their everyday lives be? They might get bullied and be called smugglers in school.

Comment

Going illicit isn't a smart thought for one, moral and religious reasons, and second, you must be extremely shrewd. That is to say, the general population running medication cartels, for example, are exceptionally keen individuals.
                        Synchronzed Supply Systems Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by pramod View Post

Going illicit isn't a smart thought for one, moral and religious reasons, and second, you must be extremely shrewd. That is to say, the general population running medication cartels, for example, are exceptionally keen individuals.
                          I agree that you have to be on the level with your dealings. But mind you that smuggled goods come to the hands of big time importers thatís why it is so difficult to catch them. Take for instance the rice cartel where some traders import rice without government permit. They hoard the rice and flood the market when there is a mild shortage which means prices are increasing. One friend in the industry said that traders of smuggled rice get rich quick because they seem to control the pricing of rice in the market.

Comment

Originally posted by pramod View Post

Well, for those who feel that they thrive well taking part in illegal business dealings, from my life experience so far, I can vehemently tell you that the law of karma is real as it comes and sooner or later, such people are definitely going to answer to the consequences of their actions either in jail or losing all they earned illegally.

Comment

Working...
                            X