How do you get your supplies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get your supplies

How do you go about getting your supplies, do you travel down to the location of the major dealers or manufacturers even if abroad to make purchase. Have you ever done the transaction or make purchase online, and get them shipped over to you. As a beginner, in my opinion, it's better to travel to get supplies and having understand the market you can explore the online option if need be.

Re: How do you get your supplies

These days it is really going more and more online, although the actual delivery of course has to be physical. That said though, even some of the materials and supplies can be done online though, so there is some of that.

Comment

When I was new in the retailing business, I studied the systems and methods of other retailers. Of course, it’s not easy to get information but my way is to befriend them by inviting them to dinner or drinking sessions. And since I was only a retailer, my staff had learned to go to our suppliers for the goods that we needed. That way, we can immediately fulfill the orders of our clients. That was our advantage with competitors because we do not have the luxury of time in waiting for the free delivery of our orders which sometimes does not sit well with the clients. So if you want to get your orders fast then go to your supplier and get your orders personally.

Comment

In my particular case, I have distributors who deliver it in my door, so I have my job made easy. Most distributors are representing the brands, so it's not like if I can go directly to the source to get better margins, because if I could I would.

Comment

Originally posted by to7update View Post
          In my particular case, I have distributors who deliver it in my door, so I have my job made easy. Most distributors are representing the brands, so it's not like if I can go directly to the source to get better margins, because if I could I would.
          I like this kind of arrangement where the distributors deliver the goods straight to the buyer. This will help save the time and energy. It will be hectic if I have to travel far and wide to source for supplies. I'd be more inclined to getting it distributed or shipped directly to my location.

Comment

Originally posted by tpicks View Post
            I like this kind of arrangement where the distributors deliver the goods straight to the buyer. This will help save the time and energy. It will be hectic if I have to travel far and wide to source for supplies. I'd be more inclined to getting it distributed or shipped directly to my location.
            Yeah, but this is just possible because I am a very small business, and the distributors just go around the various shops (including mine) distributing their products. I am guessing that in larger companies the procedure has to be different.

Comment

Me and my friend are running a small shirt printing shop and the shirts are shipped from China. Since we do not have the capacity to buy directly from the manufacturer as it will cost us way much money because of the minimum purchase needed, we looked for distributors here in our country and we get our stuff from them. It's a good thing they deliver the products really fast. In terms of going to another country just for the purchase, I would rather order online since we already found a legit source.

Comment

Working...
              X