Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you organize frequent workshops / open houses for your suppliers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you organize frequent workshops / open houses for your suppliers?

Suppliers / vendors play a pivotal role in supply chain management system of any company. It is very important that both suppliers and company representatives are fully aware of basic requirements when completing a dealing. Things like mutual respect and value for time are also very important.

Frequent communication with suppliers is a must to clear any doubts and eliminate issues before hand. In the telecom company where I work we have monthly workshops and open houses with our suppliers. There would be a presentation on what went wrong, where we failed and what could have been better. it also focuses on preventive measures in related areas. Usually it ends with an open house where suppliers are free to ask any doubts they have. A panel high officials from the company would clear it for them.

How often do you arrange such initiatives in your company?

Re: Do you organize frequent workshops / open houses for your suppliers?

When I had my own business, one of our suppliers always invite me to their Christmas party. It’s actually a party for their clients – food and drinks were abundant, there’s a raffle and there were giveaways too. And when their principal abroad has a launching of a new product, they send us an invitation for a seminar. Workshops and seminars really help not only in explaining the product but also to foster good relationship with the clients.

Comment

All my customers knew that they could come to my facilities anytime they wanted to, and I actually encouraged that so they knew right from day one we had nothing to hide.

A warehouse, storage or logistics business is just as important as the seller and the buyer, and we're an important link in that chain that needs to be as open as we can with both parties. Only that way will trust build up.

Comment

We really are pretty open with all of our stakeholders, which I think is a very good policy to have. I am just not sure that there is as much coordination and communication as there used to be, but I could just be less involved as well.

Comment

We also have a transparent culture in place. But I think what is the best thing about open houses is that they can get immediate resolution to issues there itself. As you know all departments are quite inter-related in a business structure we can have representatives from all departments in the open house. So if a suppler is facing some issues from another department (may be indirectly) that can be well addressed jointly by all departmental chiefs there.

For example if a dealer is facing issues with the company software, IT and SCM chief can take care of it. HR chief can provide necessary facilities, if required. So they will get an immediate and effective solution. Followup of action points make it more worthwhile.

Comment

Working...
          X