Bulk Purchase versus Small Frequent Purchase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bulk Purchase versus Small Frequent Purchase

It, of course, depends on the product and what type of business you are. Most of the time, bulk purchases are a lot better than smaller and more frequent purchases because of the fact that you can get much higher discounts when you buy in bulk from your suppliers. And like you said, it is much better to get most of your purchases and products in one delivery rather than having multiple deliveries over the week. Of course, if you are a business that focuses on fresh food, it may be better to have smaller and more frequent purchases because you want to ensure that everything is fresh when it is sold. Buying those in bulk may be a problem especially if you are unable to sell off such a large amount really quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by hades_leae
      Bulk purchases are definitely worth the cost because the product per unit is so much more cheaper, but not all businesses can afford to do it, and not all businesses actually need that much quantity.

I love the concept, many big businesses take advantage of the because it's good for profits. You want to get your products as cheap as possible to maximize unit profits. I plan to do it when I start this new business in the future because I know it's worth it. I just don't like knowing that if things don't work out, then I have a bunch of products and lots of money lost.

When you purchase in bulk, you can, of course, cut cost on procurement as the unit cost will substantially be reduced. However, when you are purchasing in bulk, you need a good warehouse. You must also be prepared to have stocks that never get sold.

Comment

I think there are times when buying in bulk is worth it, but other times when it probably isn't! This is just one of the things that you may have to wrestle with over time. Make sure that you get the choices you need when buying. Buying in bulk may not be the most efficient or practical way to get exactly what you desire in products.

Comment

I have heard that bulk purchases allow you to save money as a purchase in bulk cost you cheaper than the frequent purchase.

Comment

I personally run a small restaurant and know how hard it is nowadays to stay in a stable position. The restaurant business, like every industry, has its own trends which may be stable for years, or change every six months. Practically all troubles in my restaurant were because of bad coordination between distributors and staff. Then no one was aware of inventory rules. I had to teach staff of the new order.. Read more here https://joinposter.com/en/post/how-t...n-a-restaurant

Comment

Originally posted by qpeny View Post

I personally run a small restaurant and know how hard it is nowadays to stay in a stable position. The restaurant business, like every industry, has its own trends which may be stable for years, or change every six months. Practically all troubles in my restaurant were because of bad coordination between distributors and staff. Then no one was aware of inventory rules. I had to teach staff of the new order.. Read more here https://joinposter.com/en/post/how-t...n-a-restaurant
              I understand the plight of restaurants regarding supply chain because the need is food stuff which is consumable and perishable too. The nature of selling and purchases is the dynamic price changes from time to time particularly with fruits and vegetable products. I have a friend who had a restaurant that didnít last a year due to that problem of stability in the supplies (regarding prices). She got over-stressed with the abusive price increases of her suppliers as if her restaurant totally depended on those suppliers of vegetables and meat products.

Comment

Personally, I don't have any issues with making bulk purchases and small frequent purchases every now and then but there is a determiner in which ever one I'm going to be purchasing at every point in time. Well put, it's th nature of the items which I'm supposed purchase that goes a long way in determining whether it's going to purchased in bulk or small parts. If the products are perishable, then in order to avoid having lots of waste left over within a short period of time, it's more feasible to purchase in small part on a regular basis and vice versa with durable products.

Comment

Working...
                X