What Do You Look For In A Supplier?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Do You Look For In A Supplier?

Even before checking the quality of the deliverable, the first thing that I check is how willing is the supplier when it comes to doing business with me. Is he flexible? Does he agree to the fact that I want a sample consignment of a certain size? Does he price his stuff too high or too low? Is the feedback on him good or bad?

After all of that, and a lot more, I decide to check on the quality. Look, suppliers are just as important as the end-customer. Even if a supplier charges me a little more but is flexible when it comes to other things, I will work with him.

Comment

Originally posted by explorerx7 View Post
      When doing business it's sensible to do your due diligence before you get into any sort of commitment. This will help you in finding the best possible source for supplying your needs. U will need to a have a reliable and trustworthy supplier this could facilitate as much as possible a smooth and stress-free received flow, hence enabling you to be in a better position to satisfy you customers needs.
      And this is true!

Comment

Well like other users have stated, reliability has to be the main consideration, or at least up there towards the top. When it comes to finding a supplier, you have to know your needs and the rates of other competitors. It is a little more difficult to find reviews of business like suppliers than your typical business too, so you have to allow yourself a little more time and effort. This is really where good business connections and knowing people in the industry really proves it advantages, in my experience at least. gclub

Comment

A good supplier must possess a solid reputation among his clients. I choose one which delivers quality goods and services to customers like me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_SeaGreen View Post
            A good supplier must possess a solid reputation among his clients. I choose one which delivers quality goods and services to customers like me.
            Good point. I think that's a good method to gauge the reliability of a supplier when you first start doing business with them and have no experience at all yet with how they operate. Just by knowing that other clients are satisfied should already be good enough to give some confidence that they will deliver what they promise.

Comment

The success of any business depends heavily on the supplier, since ultimately itís the quality of the product that will help you gain market share. However, there are a few things that one needs to look for:
              -Lower prices
              -Value for money
              -Customer service
              -Timely delivery
              -Commitment
              -Reliability and trustworthiness
              Since courier management can be a tough and time consuming task, you could consider using a management software solution. It also gives you the option of customization, to get the most out of the process. For more information, check this link: http://www.keysoftwaresystems.com/xcelerator.html

Comment

Originally posted by Suman Verma
                Finding a good and trustworthy supplier is an invaluable thing. I mean, you are supposed to have a long term relation with the same so you must look for some qualities altogether such as good/affordable price, reliability, stability,location and any more. It can be comlpex sometimes but you got to trouble yourself a little to have a goods and reliable service along.
                I agree. It's much like most other business relationships where it can be alright for a while until it isn't and the other party shows their true colors. Some suppliers may give out regular consistent performance but when it comes to emergencies the great suppliers are really separated from the rest.

Comment

Sometimes choosing a supplier or service provider is as simple as asking a friend who they use in their business. Other times you need to go through a formal selection process. To make sure the vendor you choose is the best one to provide the service or product you. Many of those same companies provide service to our small businesses as well. And in this market especially, where weíre trying to cut every corner and save every dime without forgoing necessary service, itís important to make our selections carefully in terms of who is going to provide the services to us. A few days ago, one of my friend take the services for his Food Store from EcoArk, who provides the best service which the latest Nano technology to save the food and give a warning before it waste and make it fresh. Thanks for sharing!!!

Comment

Great insights for those of us on the vendor side. Glad to be part of the group and appreciate the insights!

Comment

Consistent quality and delivery on time!
                      Regards

Top Link - Site Founder

Comment

One thing I would check out in order to get a good and reliable supplier, I would go after the views and reviews of other merchants that the supplier serves or served before. I think the customers he has done business with in the past will be in a better position to advice. If he is a new supplier then I'd have to thoroughly and critically interview to ascertain his level of vastness in the supply business. I'll start by ordering smaller quantities at the beginning.

Comment

Promptness in delivery and quality of goods are two main factors we look for in an ideal supplier. Also we check if he is ready to give some credit facility so when it comes to bulk purchasing we can do it immediately and pay later. It also saves a lot of time and this is very important in a dynamic field like telecom.

We have frequent workshops for our vendors / suppliers too. We use this opportunity to communicate what we actually need from them. They can also raise questions and doubts in the open house meant for them. This is really helpful to ensure a healthy working environment.

Comment

Originally posted by optimistic View Post
                            Promptness in delivery and quality of goods are two main factors we look for in an ideal supplier. Also we check if he is ready to give some credit facility so when it comes to bulk purchasing we can do it immediately and pay later. It also saves a lot of time and this is very important in a dynamic field like telecom.

We have frequent workshops for our vendors / suppliers too. We use this opportunity to communicate what we actually need from them. They can also raise questions and doubts in the open house meant for them. This is really helpful to ensure a healthy working environment.
                            You are right with the importance of delivery and quality of the product. But this delivery thing has many issues. When I had my own retailing business, delivery is our main problem most of the time and we usually had to beg our clients to give us more time for the delivery. And especially now that heavy traffic is common in Metro Manila, I’m sure there are so many problems when it comes to delivery of the goods on time.

Comment

Well recently, some of my experiences would like to add the notion of capacity to this discussion. I have just had trouble figuring out what some suppliers are capable of doing, and it does not help that the are not always one hundred percent honest.

Comment

Yep, the price is the most important, but that is far from being all. Apart from competitive prices that give me decent margins, quality products are a must too. And a supplier that can deliver the goods on time because there is nothing worse than expecting a delivery that never comes.

Comment

Working...
                                X