Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which countries do you buy products from?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elisa
    started a topic Which countries do you buy products from?

Which countries do you buy products from?

If not from you're own nationality, then what countries do you buy products from? China? The Usa? Great Britain?

• Heatman
    replied
    Personally, I prefer to patronize my own country's products because I'm well aware of how much it means to boost my own country's economy that help boost other countries own. But to some extent, it's very difficult not to patronize products from other countries which are good products as well. So, when it comes to patronizing other countries products, China happens to be one of the country I patronize their products very well.

Leave a comment:

• Corzhens
    replied
    We have a place in Manila called Divisoria which is the hub of commerce dominated by Chinese businessmen. The market is complete with all items that you may need from food stuff to hardware products. The price is the cheapest in the country so you can imagine the brisk sales there. I think 99% of the products being sold in that market are made in China no matter what the label is. Even if the label says it is made in Germany, you cannot trust it because more likely it is made in China. As what the Chinese businessmen say, you cannot beat the cheap price of our products.

Leave a comment:

• Ray1
    replied
    Re: Which countries do you buy products from?

I work for an electronic hardware manufacturing company having interest in electronic components mainly manufactured by China and Korea. But we find Korean quality and prices suitable for our products so we import most of them from South Korea.

Leave a comment:

• harijobs
    replied

Well till now I have never purchased something outside my country as I am pretty satisfied with the prices of the products that I need. I am afraid of the shipping costs and so I just stick to buying everything within my country.

Leave a comment:

• stanley
    replied

I'm from the Philippines and for personal items, I usually buy my products online from the USA. But as for resale, we by our products from China, Thailand, Hong Kong, and sometimes Vietnam. The reason why is because usually,those countries have great deals when buying bulk orders. They're not cheap in terms of quality at all as long as you make sure what kind of product you're getting first before you buy it, regardless of how cheap the price is.

Leave a comment:

• Shine_Spirit
    replied

Honestly, I can't remember at all of them right now. To be fair, I would have to make a list to have a better basis... But, I can say that I have certainly bought from many countries (some of them even considered very unusual shopping destinations, by the way ). I like meeting new places and having new experiences, but always being very cautious when it comes to shopping.

Leave a comment:

• luri
    replied

Currently, I am buying products from local distributor, however, I am thinking to directly outsource from India and China. I sell tyres. Indian tyres have good market in the country. Chinese tyres are relatively cheap and I also see an opportunity to sell Chinese tyres. The process of procuring goods from international market is very tedious. The law does not allow to directly pay the supplier and obtain goods, we need to first obtain permit and then start the process through bank.

Leave a comment:

• Alexandoy
    replied

This is my speculation in the months to come if US president Donald Trump will be true to his threat to quit buying Chinese products. China will be greatly affected by the banning of importation by US companies. It can dent the Chinese economy. US companies may be forced to buy local products even at a high cost. Or maybe they will shift to other Asian countries for their needs. This will be a boon to the country that they will choose to import from.

Leave a comment:

• csasoongner
    replied

คาสิโนออนไลน์

Leave a comment:

• pwarbi
    replied

The majority of goods I buy are from the UK and Ireland as we have quite a quick turnover so we need the delivery time to be as short as possible. What I've found in the past is that even when buying from EU countries we were having to wait a ridiculous amount of time for the order to be processed and then actually delivered. Quality can be another issue in my sector of business as well as the UK as the most stringent quality control and so I pretty much know that any supplier I buy from here, will be delivering a quality product to the highest standards.

When ordering from abroad, in the past that hasn't been the case and then it brings in even more expense and waiting around having to send a product back and then wait for a replacement or a refund. Any issues I have with goods I get from closer to home, if the worst comes to the worst I can just send my own driver to return the goods and then all I'll do is bill the supplier for the inconvenience but at least it gets sorted faster.

Leave a comment:

• nytegeek
    replied

Originally posted by PurpleBee View Post
    Gemma, this is what I feel as well. I think it's important to support local business where possible. It's good for the economy of your town specifically and your country in general. Outsourcing has ruined a lot of manufacturing in the western world and I think that we are way overdue for a revolution in that sense. Unfortunately, as you state, many times products are cheaper abroad, and getting enough people to start buying local, and thus demanding more local manufacturing, is easier said than done.
    You seem to be taking more of a political stance on the issue than a real one. There is both plenty good and bad that can be attributed to outsourcing, and when done properly it isn't actually harmful to the source economy.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleBee
    replied

Gemma, this is what I feel as well. I think it's important to support local business where possible. It's good for the economy of your town specifically and your country in general. Outsourcing has ruined a lot of manufacturing in the western world and I think that we are way overdue for a revolution in that sense. Unfortunately, as you state, many times products are cheaper abroad, and getting enough people to start buying local, and thus demanding more local manufacturing, is easier said than done.

Leave a comment:

• nytegeek
    replied

I'm sick of the way people single out China. They do it for almost everything you can imagine. Something isn't automatically bad or suspect because it is from China.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleBee
    replied

For my personal small craft business, I prefer to buy supplies that are American made, however this is not always possible. The other side of this is that I also find US sellers who are outsourcing their supplies and then selling them to other American crafters. So it's debatable in a case like that whether it is better to go straight to the source (ie China or India) or to buy from the US seller. On the one hand, supporting the US seller in their small business is something I like to do. But then I am buying foreign-made supplies anyway, so why spend more for them when I can get them cheaper if I source them directly myself?

It's a debate I have with myself regularly. In the end, I tend to go for what I feel is the best option at the time rather than having a standard choice for every single product.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X