Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which countries do you buy products from?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Which countries do you buy products from?

    I buy a lot of goods abroad for personal use but we also sell a good amount of items on ebay that we source from other countries. For now we get our items mostly from US but we also get some goods from China from time to time. I've also bought once or twice from Hong Kong and Japan but those were just for personal items as well.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Which countries do you buy products from?

      Hello,

      i think it is china. whatever you have bad or good experiences in outsourcing from china.
      you can not say you give up outsourcing .

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Which countries do you buy products from?

        Factory products from China is very cheap so it is the most popular source of supplies for those items. However, when I was in Bangkok, Thailand, I had seen the variety of their clothing products like blouses and pants which are elegant in designs and very cheap. In fact, I brought home a luggage full clothing items that I gave away to friends. Now I am thinking if it would be a good business to buy Thailand products that I can sell to boutiques here. Their snack items are also cheap like the tamarind candy and chili peanuts.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Which countries do you buy products from?

          Originally posted by Corzhens View Post
          Factory products from China is very cheap so it is the most popular source of supplies for those items. However, when I was in Bangkok, Thailand, I had seen the variety of their clothing products like blouses and pants which are elegant in designs and very cheap. In fact, I brought home a luggage full clothing items that I gave away to friends. Now I am thinking if it would be a good business to buy Thailand products that I can sell to boutiques here. Their snack items are also cheap like the tamarind candy and chili peanuts.
          I'm not completely sure but I heard that many clothing brands do source their cloth and shirts from Thailand instead of China so I think that is a very good idea. Although if you want to look for the source I am guessing it might be a little more difficult than China because they are a little more used to people looking to export, but it is probably worth the effort.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Which countries do you buy products from?

            Originally posted by Norm View Post
            I'm not completely sure but I heard that many clothing brands do source their cloth and shirts from Thailand instead of China so I think that is a very good idea. Although if you want to look for the source I am guessing it might be a little more difficult than China because they are a little more used to people looking to export, but it is probably worth the effort.
            You are right, clothing items are cheap in Thailand and with good quality as well. But Vietnam is also in that line. We were in Vietnam last September and I was able to buy a load of clothing items which were quite cheap, maybe the same as Thailand. Particularly the t-shirts, the material is of good quality. If only I know that it was that good maybe I would have bought some more particularly the shirts and the pants as well. We are planning to go back to Vietnam and my target are the apparel and footwear.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Which countries do you buy products from?

              Originally posted by Corzhens View Post
              You are right, clothing items are cheap in Thailand and with good quality as well. But Vietnam is also in that line. We were in Vietnam last September and I was able to buy a load of clothing items which were quite cheap, maybe the same as Thailand. Particularly the t-shirts, the material is of good quality. If only I know that it was that good maybe I would have bought some more particularly the shirts and the pants as well. We are planning to go back to Vietnam and my target are the apparel and footwear.
              Yeah I once asked some clothing retailers so see where they were getting their cloth from because they were so soft and I was surprised to hear that they were coming from these countries. From that I started guessing that each shirt would probably have only costed lower than a dollar to make but they were selling it for over twenty, and surprisingly even with that knowledge I still thought it was somewhat worth it just because of the quality of the cloth and of course the stitching, and I would have bought it if only it were a little bit cheaper.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Which countries do you buy products from?

                Originally posted by Norm View Post
                Yeah I once asked some clothing retailers so see where they were getting their cloth from because they were so soft and I was surprised to hear that they were coming from these countries. From that I started guessing that each shirt would probably have only costed lower than a dollar to make but they were selling it for over twenty, and surprisingly even with that knowledge I still thought it was somewhat worth it just because of the quality of the cloth and of course the stitching, and I would have bought it if only it were a little bit cheaper.
                What, 20 dollars for a shirt? That's pretty expensive compared to the cost of the locally made clothes in 3rd world countries. From what my Vietnamese friend said, her country is aiming to be a center for garments that's why they are selling clothes at low prices in order to attract foreign buyers. What is the best way to showcase your products than selling it in stores so foreigners can sample? Give them 5 years and I'm sure Vietnamese garments will be at par with Thailand's products. And the Philippines? It will be left behind.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Which countries do you buy products from?

                  Originally posted by Corzhens View Post
                  What, 20 dollars for a shirt? That's pretty expensive compared to the cost of the locally made clothes in 3rd world countries. From what my Vietnamese friend said, her country is aiming to be a center for garments that's why they are selling clothes at low prices in order to attract foreign buyers. What is the best way to showcase your products than selling it in stores so foreigners can sample? Give them 5 years and I'm sure Vietnamese garments will be at par with Thailand's products. And the Philippines? It will be left behind.
                  Yes, unfortunately that type of price is not too uncommon with big brands but they are of high quality so in a way I can see how the price is still reasonable considering they pay a lot to keep their stores in fancy malls. As for Vietnam I think they are making a good move in capitalizing on their garment supply and I'm not too bothered by philippines being left behind as I also dabbled in garments some time ago and I have always kind of felt that it was the case and we seem to have never really excelled in that area anyway.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Which countries do you buy products from?

                    Originally posted by Norm View Post
                    Yes, unfortunately that type of price is not too uncommon with big brands but they are of high quality so in a way I can see how the price is still reasonable considering they pay a lot to keep their stores in fancy malls. As for Vietnam I think they are making a good move in capitalizing on their garment supply and I'm not too bothered by philippines being left behind as I also dabbled in garments some time ago and I have always kind of felt that it was the case and we seem to have never really excelled in that area anyway.
                    It used to be that the Philippines was the leading supplier of garments in the international market. It was in the 1980s when there was a boom. So many women were employed by big garments factory that are the suppliers of clothing items to foreign companies. However, when the problem of labor came in, those strikes and protests of the workers ruined our image. Big garment factories were shut down and foreign buyers went to Thailand (and probably Vietnam) so now the Philippines may be tops in call center, that's the trend now and the garments industry seems to have been forgotten.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Which countries do you buy products from?

                      It depends on the need. If I want to put up a restaurant business that requires exotic spices, I'd import from a number of Asian countries - the ASEAN for one because my country has free trade relations with Southeast Asian nations and member-states and tariff is basically free. Spices grow abundantly in Asia so importing from neighbors without additional costs can present a win-win situation for my business, for my country and for the countries I imported the spices from.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Which countries do you buy products from?

                        I just buy what's available locally unless it's a bit more necessary. Prices and shipping don't counteract each other enough to consciously seek out lower cost options halfway around the world, sadly.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Which countries do you buy products from?

                          Originally posted by TheFunneler View Post
                          I just buy what's available locally unless it's a bit more necessary. Prices and shipping don't counteract each other enough to consciously seek out lower cost options halfway around the world, sadly.
                          I am the same way. I only venture out when the item is impossible to find locally. Even when it's cheaper to buy overseas by the time it arrives at my doorstep all the fees make the price equal to what I would pay locally or sometimes even more. Sometimes it's necessary but I only usually give in when the items aren't too bulky or heavy as that usually drives the price way up at customs.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Which countries do you buy products from?

                            Purchasing the supply from overseas certainly takes time but if the purchase is part of the scheduling then the expectation is met. There are items that are imported in nature particularly food products like raisins which they don't have in tropical countries. And there's no other way to procure the imported product but either from buying directly abroad or buying from local importers which is a bit high. Singapore is one country in Asia that is getting to be a hub of imported good because foreign countries use Singapore as the stepping stone in bringing their products.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Which countries do you buy products from?

                              I am a frequent purchaser of women clothing. I usually access these goods through the US. However, I been forced to stick to the made-in-USA items because I had previously bought some goods which were made in China and the sizes really posed a problem for me. The Chinese size a very much smaller when compared to the US sizes.Therefore, I don't intend to any further to purchase garments which are made in China anymore.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Which countries do you buy products from?

                                I purchase quit a bit of used technology and parts. I usually stick to the US and Canada but when I trust the supplier I don't have a problem buying from China and other Asian nations. The only downside to it even with a reputable supplier is the shipping time.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X