Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which is more advance between logistics and supply chain management and purchasing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which is more advance between logistics and supply chain management and purchasing

that is purchasing and supplies compared to logistics .thank you

Re: which is more advance between logistics and supply chain management and purchasin

Hi Geofrey,

I'm not sure if I understood your question...
    Do you want to know the difference betweenPurchasing in SCM and Logistics?
    Actually, it is the same, however with the introduction of SCM concept, the Purchasing activity becomes more strategic, considering that the tasks of select a new supplier or evaluate the existing ones are the first steps to conduct companies to collaborative relationships.
    Nowadays, the Purchasing activity includes the suppliers relationship management (partnerships or strategic alliances) and it is a source of competitive advantage.
    Many companies delegate to partners several key-process of its business, so if the company choose or keep wrong suppliers, it will damage its business.

Please let me know if I answered your question.

Kind regards,

Patricia

Comment

Re: which is more advance between logistics and supply chain management and purchasin

To add to what Patricia has said i am thinking Geoffery is trying to choose a study in Supply Chain Management.

So to answer your question if i am guessing right

Studies in Logistics, Studies in Supply Chain Management or Operations Management in some cases can be very related. It is always a difficult thing to choose which one is advanced as you called it.

But what i tell people is that if you already know what you want, look at the modules of different schools, compare them and see which area of supply chain management is of interest to you. Some schools are very adept in teaching Logistics topics, other schools in area of purchasing and supply management and others simply call it supply chain management.

Feel free to ask what ever if you still need to.

Y,
      YoU cAn OnLy pAy FoR ScHooL buT u CaN't buY ClAsS

Comment

Nowadays, the Purchasing activity includes the suppliers relationship management (partnerships or strategic alliances) and it is a source of competitive advantage.
        It is a source of competitive advantage thus, it's more easier for business if they put it together to make their business worth.

Comment

For me it's supply chain management because the technology is very powerful nowadays and it already been integrated so supply chain management is now automated and it is being more effective and efficient. On another note, Logistics is a part of supply chain management so its like logistics and supply chain is one.

Regards,
          Emelia I.
          Supply Chain Logistics Marketing
          BR International Value Added Services Logistics Firm

Comment

Working...
          X