X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AtlantaSports
    replied
    Re: Are you buying from China?

I have bought from China previously, but in order to help the American economy, I have tried to stay with buying locally. Plus, the shipping is usually a lot better whenever you are ordering from within the US.

Leave a comment:

• MVC1
    replied

I have bought from china in the past. Shipping wise, the time frame was pretty unpredictable, yet I didn't have many problems with the products themselves.

Leave a comment:

• MuddyPoultry
    replied

I've had very mixed experiences with chinese suppliers.

I don't know if you've ever ordered from alibaba, but it's severely a hit-and-miss experience with product sourcing from them. And if that's any indication of the general experience with chinese suppliers, I would only go with somebody who has numerous positive testimonials before closing the deal.

Leave a comment:

• 20FOOT
    replied

It would be interesting to know what the popular sourcing locations are now. So how about a Poll?

Probably best if you do not tick your own country! i.e. If you work in India and source from India....

So what countries do you source from?

Leave a comment:

• Starbucks Junkie
    replied

Originally posted by melizaarora View Post
    Previously I was buying from china. But no guarantee for quality and durability of the products. Stopped now! Recently bought batteries from xxxxxxxxxxxx Its quite better
    Please refrain from using this forum to advertise..

Continued posts of this nature will result in a lifetime ban.

SJ

Leave a comment:

• melizaarora
    replied

Previously I was buying from china. But no guarantee for quality and durability of the products. Stopped now! Recently bought batteries from xxxxxxxxxxxx Its quite better
    Last edited by Starbucks Junkie; 21 02 14, 16:07. Reason: Removed link - No Advertising allowed

Leave a comment:

• Swiz
    replied

I am not a purchasing agent but I have helped a friend who is a mechanical engineer procure raw materials such as carbon fiber and aluminum from chinese sources on wholesale websites such as alibaba and even chinese ebay vendors. My friend is manufacturing custom telescopes designed for astronmical imaging and he needs high quality raw materials for the lowest possible price. I have found that the vendors on alibaba tend to be very competitive with pricing and that it does not take much effort to negotiate a deal that leaves both parties happy. The only problem with ordering raw materials from china is the shipping time. Expect a 15-30 day waiting period for just about anything traveling that far which must be checked and approved at so many points along the way. You can always go with air freight but as expected, there will be an astronomical cost involved. I don't know how I would feel about having parts manufactured in china but if you can find a chinese company that provides a product which meets a strict tolerance with little to no error in production then hey, why not go the chinese route?

Leave a comment:

• andymark
    replied

Generally we do not buy from China but in some cases we consider buying from China like if products are good quality, price of such goods are very less.

Leave a comment:

• silliker
    replied

China,I would say is one of the major countries where others buy their products. There are issues others would face but China is a good country to invest in. Chinese are naturally business minded people.

Leave a comment:

• forkliftaccess001
    replied

Im also buying stuffs on a china lawn mower parts store and they are still working well. Maybe you just need to take good care on all the items that you will buy even where is came from.

Leave a comment:

• chrisethans
    replied

Large number of spare parts like forklift and various electronic goods are exported from china with no guarantee at all so no one is at the profit buying such from china rather they would like to invest more in quality.

Leave a comment:

• rainbow
    replied

Originally posted by babyblues View Post
    Hi Purchasers, are you buying goods from China? How is your impression about Chinese factories/vendors?
    Hi, though you have posted your question long time back I would like to reply on it. Yes, our organisation have been purchasing goods in bulk quantities from China. And we have a good impression regarding the job done by them. We also have visited the factory premises of the Chinese manufacturer and found those factories to be large, organised and competent to participate in the international procurement business.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X