X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sourcing in china
    replied
    Re: Are you buying from China?

first , unfortunately, what you were you through .
    but you can not eat after you eat choke.
    just you need to change a way.

Leave a comment:

• Norm
    replied

I do buy from China both for personal items and for items I'm hoping to sell. I haven't had much trouble with suppliers but it's mostly due to the fact that we have an employee there who we depend on to fix problems with finding suppliers and backups so we don't run into too many bumps in the road, although we have a few suppliers who we have been buying from for years without any problems.

Leave a comment:

• Corzhens
    replied

It's good to hear from @NicCris and @Elisa that they are appreciating goods made in China. The only problem with Chinese goods as per my experience is the durability. So if the dealer would give you a warranty for their products then I'm sure it will be a good buy. Most of the products made in China, particularly electronics, have a short life and as what @Elisa said, it is very cheap and perhaps more practical to buy than an expensive one which is touted to last long.

Leave a comment:

• Elisa
    replied

I have been buying different stuff from China, you often get free shipping on some China websites.
    I have bought clothes, eletronics, toys, books, makeup from China and there's nothing to moan about.
    The stuff I bought was quite good quality and the more important it was very cheap, and as we know
    it's always good to buy something for a bargain.

Leave a comment:

• NicCris
    replied

I buy a lot of cheap made in China items from eBay. I got some video adapters, four small coolers for my pc case, and other inexpensive things. Must say that fashion is also a decent category to check out, but keep in mind that Asian sizes run ridiculously small, and some items are made from synthetics. About shipping: In my case, I usually must wait more than two weeks for my package to arrive.

Leave a comment:

• Corzhens
    replied

Originally posted by asbrown View Post
    All these comments about low quality good from China are a little bit off. Let's not forget that is where iPhones come from. For large purchases it may take a little legwork to ensure a good supplier, but they are all over the place here.

The important thing, and this goes for buying from any Country, is to do the proper background checks and get referrals whenever possible.

As I had posted, it is the policy of our company to ensure quality. Purchasers have the option to submit their choices of suppliers and China products were never present in those choices maybe because of the impression of a questionable durability of the product. It is a coincidence that I bought a wireless keyboard with mouse from a store in the mall - CD-R King, one of the cheapest when it comes to prices of electronic items. And guess what, the scroller of the mouse lost it's gear before the month is over.

Leave a comment:

• asbrown
    replied

All these comments about low quality good from China are a little bit off. Let's not forget that is where iPhones come from. For large purchases it may take a little legwork to ensure a good supplier, but they are all over the place here.

The important thing, and this goes for buying from any Country, is to do the proper background checks and get referrals whenever possible.

Leave a comment:

• Corzhens
    replied

Our company is very conscious with quality so we don't purchase products from China. I'm not sure with other supplies since I am only involved in computer hardware and related products. It is a policy of our company to buy from reputable companies and take note of the durability since a low price is not a measure of performance.

Leave a comment:

• KylerA
    replied

Originally posted by Fuzyon View Post
    I don't like to but I do buy from China sometimes if the budget is tight. I didn't have such a bad experience as other people but the quality of the products is definitely not top notch.
    You get what you pay for, I guess.
    That's not entirely true. Chinese economy is different and the currency value there is different. If they had a dollar it would mean more than what it would mean for you. You could get things much cheaper than you would get in Romania because of their economy.

Leave a comment:

• Notinm
    replied

My company doesn't buy directly from China because they're afraid of being taxed on the way. Customs here charge 60% of all products being brought from China, what makes it as expensive as national products and we get the risk of the product being lost along the way (what's not hard, a container can cost as much as USD 5.00 in a one-way trip America-China, really cheap, but not worth the risk).

Leave a comment:

• Fuzyon
    replied

I don't like to but I do buy from China sometimes if the budget is tight. I didn't have such a bad experience as other people but the quality of the products is definitely not top notch.
    You get what you pay for, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• KylerA
    replied

Originally posted by Doc Moose View Post
    I bought two items from Chinese suppliers. One was a portable radio with emergency light and the other was a camera bag. The latter had good quality while the sound of the former was not so good.
    That's awesome. How was your experience?

Leave a comment:

• Doc Moose
    replied

I bought two items from Chinese suppliers. One was a portable radio with emergency light and the other was a camera bag. The latter had good quality while the sound of the former was not so good.

Leave a comment:

• KylerA
    replied

I have used eBay sometimes to buy from Chinese sellers. I think some things they offer, for the price that they offer are great. But sometimes the customer service might not be as good due to their English, their English really isn't great and sometimes there could be a great misunderstanding. I've experienced a few times where the product was crap, but I received a refund from them and it was okay after that. After all, I would continue to buy from them because their economy is different and they can offer you the same thing we have in other countries like the USA for a much lower price, because they get paid low in China.

Leave a comment:

• Coral
    replied

I use them often. Chinese suppliers are certainly cheap. I also find a lot of Chinese suppliers provide shipping for cheaper than local suppliers provide postage! The only problem being the length of time it takes and the unpredictability of the shipping. I'd like to support the local economy, but sometimes it's just more practical to buy from abroad.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X