Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are you buying from China?

Originally posted by Corzhens View Post
    From the last I heard, Chinese products are upping their quality to be at par with world standards. Their economy is currently experiencing hard times because most of the university graduates couldn't find a job and they shun the factories. In effect, wages in factories are increasing due to a temporary shortage of laborers. And to compensate for the added expenses, Chinese businessmen are giving a premium on quality so they can also increase the selling price of their products. That is as per the story of an importer of Chinese products.
    I agree. I think Chinese products have come a long way over the past few years. I have been selling a few items from there and I've even bought some for personal use and I am actually satisfied with the quality even though it still is obvious that they are a bit below average which is of course understandable considering the price is exponentially lower.

Comment

I buy many items wholesale from China. I have never had a problem with the quality of anything that I have ordered. In fact, many of the items that I have purchased have been better than what I could find locally. I buy all of my jewelry supplies from China sources as well as many cloth type items. Not only has it saved me money, but it has saved my customers money as well, thus giving me a profitable little side business.

Comment

Originally posted by acheno84 View Post
        I buy many items wholesale from China. I have never had a problem with the quality of anything that I have ordered. In fact, many of the items that I have purchased have been better than what I could find locally. I buy all of my jewelry supplies from China sources as well as many cloth type items. Not only has it saved me money, but it has saved my customers money as well, thus giving me a profitable little side business.
        I do, but not from factories, and from verified reputable sellers. I don't buy knock off items or items that could be from sources that would be unlawful if obtained initially in the USA. Ethics matter to me. If I can't support a sweat shop here I wont support one in China.

Comment

Now that China is having a labor problem with their factories, it is in order that wages will be increased and therefore would affect the price of their products in the world market. And in the near future, Chinese products will lose their competitiveness in terms of prices and their only way out of the slump is to increase the level of their quality control and quality assurance. Especially in the garments field, Thailand and Vietnam are proving their worth and both are becoming giants in the garments industry.

Comment

Originally posted by Corzhens View Post
            Now that China is having a labor problem with their factories, it is in order that wages will be increased and therefore would affect the price of their products in the world market. And in the near future, Chinese products will lose their competitiveness in terms of prices and their only way out of the slump is to increase the level of their quality control and quality assurance. Especially in the garments field, Thailand and Vietnam are proving their worth and both are becoming giants in the garments industry.
            You make a good point. They are going to have to step up their game in regards to quality now.

Comment

I buy from an American company, who uses China to make thier products. A must say, these items are very high quality. High end products. I was surprised when I saw they were made in China. It has prompted me to think about going there to have some of my designs produced.

Comment

Originally posted by cluckeyo View Post
                I buy from an American company, who uses China to make thier products. A must say, these items are very high quality. High end products. I was surprised when I saw they were made in China. It has prompted me to think about going there to have some of my designs produced.
                I agree. I think most American brand products that are made in China are of superb quality and these days I think even Chinese brands have caught on and have started stepping up their manufacturing for their own products. I think they have always had the capability of making great quality products but it's just that it takes having an American brand that has higher standards to bring it out because otherwise it's not a business model that they were never particularly interested in until now.

Comment

I have been exploring the possibilities of buying goods direct from China. However, if the goods are to be delivered by air in which I am mostly interested, it seems there will probably a problem with delivery time. In many reviews, there seem to be the complaint of goods arriving sometimes a couple of months after the promised delivery date and if true, I couldn't work with the delay and uncertainty.

Comment

I have no qualms with the Chinese themselves except on certain political issues that encroach upon our territory and sovereignty. As for buying their products, we would need to quantify. Maybe their manufacturing isn't as bad as it used to be since even Nike, Adidas and Apple trust Chinese laborers enough to outsource their production and manufacturing firms in China. However, I'd have to be more careful when mass importing products from that country. There used to be incidents of food safety violations so when choosing a partner supplier, you'd have to research their history and quality check their products before making a final decision.

Comment

Originally posted by explorerx7 View Post
                      I have been exploring the possibilities of buying goods direct from China. However, if the goods are to be delivered by air in which I am mostly interested, it seems there will probably a problem with delivery time. In many reviews, there seem to be the complaint of goods arriving sometimes a couple of months after the promised delivery date and if true, I couldn't work with the delay and uncertainty.
                      A cousin used to be an importer of Chinese products. After going to China for an ocular of Chinese factories (and to formally connect to the businessmen manufacturers), he would just be sending via email the design of the footwear. The factory will make a prototype and send it via air. And when it's okay, the down payment is remitted and the factory starts production. The goods are sent via shipping and it takes less than a month of waiting. So far, the deliveries were always on the expected time. However, in the recent years, the cost of production has been rising in those Chinese factories that resulted in price increases of their products. So you have to check very well if the price is affordable to you.

Comment

Originally posted by explorerx7 View Post
                        I'm not entirely sure but from what I've read and experienced half of the reason for delay mostly also depends on the local post offices of any specific country. Here, for example, during the holidays it is almost impossible to get your package on time because the postal service is so crap, so even when China stores ship them on time and they arrive at approximately the right date in our local post offices they still get very delayed and a lot of people just automatically tend to blame the sellers.

Comment

Originally posted by hades_leae
                          I would buy from China, they are a great place to do business. For the simple fact that I believe in ethical employment, I would first have to check out the warehouses where my products will be produced because although I do believe that China is a good place for business, they have had their warehouses in the news for many things like child labor, no air conditioning.
                          Also you have to check whether your Chinese supplier has the appropriate documents to operate. Check with the national securities and exchange commission or any governing body. Reason is that some of those Chinese suppliers may cheat you, giving you too-good-to-be-true bargains, only to realize the supplies were actually expired, "fake" or harmful. Just my two cents, though. There were a lot of Chinese products banned from my country over the last few years such as candies and toys with paraffin or formalin.

Comment

I'm not currently engaged in a business wherein I need to buy goods from China. However, I know of someone who runs and operates a drop-shipping business. She gets about 90% of her goods from at least three suppliers in China. According to her, it's been very difficult to find a reliable supplier when she was just starting out. She dealt with several suppliers who seemed to not know what they're doing. It was only after dozens of tries that she finally found the suppliers that she is dealing with right now. With that said, getting goods from China is a hit and miss affair. It can be some time before you are able to find a good and reliable supplier of your goods.

Comment

I would love to buy goods direct from China which would mostly be by air. However but there are the problems that many have alluded to like long delays in the arrival of the goods in some instances, difficulties with the specification of goods been shipped compared to what was ordered, and then there were the recent problems with the Chinese government and Ali Baba, (China's Largest e-commerce entity), over less than desirable operating procedures. Ali Baba has indicated that they have now sorted out these problems. I know there will be problems in most areas of the trading of goods and services, However, I am not fully comfortable with what I have been seeing to commence the buying of goods and services directly from China.

Comment

I occasionally buy from China through some reputable contacts. I buy electronic and computer components sometimes in bulk. You need to deal with an above the board company or contact that is honest with you about how what you are purchasing is manufactured or obtained. Don't rule out China because of the bad practices of a few businesses. There are some decent outfits to buy from that treat their employees well and provide a quality product. I factor in longer shipping times and it works out well for me. I get a significant savings and my money supports a growing business that employs people trying to earn an honest wage and support themselves or a family.

Comment

Working...
                                X