Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens if US will pullout their call centers in the Philippines?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens if US will pullout their call centers in the Philippines?

In the recent pronouncements of Philippine president Duterte, the country will sever its economic and military ties with the US. How about if the US would retaliate and pull out their businesses here particularly the outsourced call center? Hundreds of thousands of call center agents will lose their jobs. So what would happen to the outsourcing industry? It will collapse when the US shifts to India for their call center needs. Too bad it that happens.

Re: What happens if US will pullout their call centers in the Philippines?

I think it would deal a significant blow as since the call center boom began our economic progress has really sped up and the evidence is there with the rise of many other businesses that are associated with having companies her operating 24/7. I think being a bit more independent would be great but I think the transition should be done more slowly and also should have a lot of good planning behind it.

Comment

It would be a major blow to the Philippine economy. Many persons would lose their jobs and the added unemployment would pose a great social problem. I wouldn't be to alarmed right now because I believe that the Philippine President will eventually cool the posturing and work towards resolving the disagreement between him and the United States and I believe that the United States will be seeking to resolve the issue in an amicable manner also. The United States needs the support of the Philippines as an important ally in that region and the Philippine President should recognize the importance of the United States involvement to his economy.

Comment

If US pulls out their call centers in India and Philippines, it will disturb the economies of both countries as BPO industry has a major share in the GDP. A lot of people will lose their jobs.

Comment

I heard this one years ago when President Duterte isn't the President yet. I doubt that he has something to do with this since the BPO companies from the US are already planning in pulling out their call centers in the Philippines, and not only in the Philippines but in other Asian countries as well. The reason is that there are a lot of Americans who are complaining about people calling them from other countries (which some of them doesn't really like) as well as to give the American people more job instead of giving it to other countries.

So basically, the President of the Philippines has nothing to do with this. And I bet he exactly knows what he is doing whether it does not look right or good for most people who does not exactly know anything. That's why I find it funny that there are some people who keeps on bashing him and telling stupid things about what to do and what not wherein they don't even know how to preserve their own country

Comment

I don't think that the US government can stop their citizens or private businesses from outsourcing parts of their operations to countries like the Philippines, India, China, or wherever. Private businesses will always look for ways to save on operating cost without sacrificing quality. With the recent peso devaluation, the Philippines has become an even more attractive investment location. However, this can be negated by fears and uncertainties regarding Duterte's pronouncements of forging alliances with communist countries such as China and Russia. I mean, the scenario is scary for many Filipinos and it should even be more so for foreign investors from the West. I wonder what types of products or services will these two countries outsource from the Philippines?

Comment

I feel that this could be far better for our own economy, which, as you may have already realized by now, is not doing too well itself. We really need to bring back the jobs to America again, and stop sending so many jobs and forms of money, and resources, overseas. It's time we watched our back and our borders.....

Comment

Whenever one country, and especially one the size of the US decides to pull out of a major contract in another country then it's obviously going to have a significant impact and especially at the beginning. Personally though I don't think that long term it will have as much of an impact as people think, because all that happens is that businesses that are based in that country will then step in and take over.

Less and less countries these days are going to be looking at outsourcing, and will instead try and keep their business home grown so to speak, and for the so called smaller countries that could work as an advantage because as the larger countries and organisations leave, it should create a vacuum that will help the local economy grow.

Comment

He has been very rude to the US. In addition, the new president, Trump, is hostile to outsourcing anyhow. Anyway, I understand, though, that Filipinos need jobs. It would be nice if we lived in a world where people did not feel economically threatened by others. Note, considering that most Americans don't have a college degree, and many don't have a useful college degree, there is bound to be resentment.

Comment

Working...
                  X