Outsourcing Handwork

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outsourcing Handwork

Where is the best place to go to find skilled workers in a foreign country, a group who can be hired to do good quality crochet? Would it be China, or where? Wondering if there are certain places known for certain skills?

Re: Outsourcing Handwork

I'm guessing China would be the best best and would be the easiest place to set up as it's part of their modern culture and infrastructure already to outsource to other countries no matter what the product. I'm not too sure but if you want to get started then maybe just try finding someone online to talk to or find someone to scout for you some good places but I'm fairly sure that a lot of them are very familiar with making almost any clothing item.

Comment

Your best bet will be to check out service providers in Asia. There are dozens of companies in the region that offer the type of services that you are looking for. A good place to start would be China. However, finding the right number of workers can be frustrating if you don't have the right connections. It's advisable that you contact someone who currently does business in China and inquire if he/she can hook you up with someone from the mainland who can find the workers for you.

Comment

The thought of it is kind of scary. Finding someone reputable to deal with is an absolute must. I found a place called freelancer.com which is hooking up people to crochet for pay. I wonder if that would be an expensive route to go. How do I find someone in China to talk to? Or someone who does business in China? Someone who can be trusted.

Comment

I found a place called freelancer.com which is hooking up people to crochet for pay. I wonder if that would be an expensive route to go.
          It should be the safer route to choose and doesn't need to be expensive because the person doing the hiring sets the fee they are willing to pay for the services they want rendered. You'd be using this platform to test whether outsourcing will deliver what you seek then afterwards you could place up some job ads elsewhere on the net and hire someone directly.

Comment

I hate to say this, because I know it's not what you want to hear, but this disheartens me because I crochet. Do you really want to outsource this kind of work? Think about the two things you could possibly be doing:

1. Undervaluing crochet for those in the USA who work very hard to make their livelihood on this

2. Paying foreigners a less than fair wage for their work.

Don't hang me -- I'm just saying.

On the flip side, I would try to find some people in the US who would do wholesale for you. There are a lot of talented crocheters within the US who do offer affordable wholesale alternatives. I suggest looking for them on Facebook, Etsy, Artfire, etc.

Comment

Gee, that's a new one to me - crochet. My best bet would be a country with a weak economy so the wages will be cheaper. Not China this time. Maybe Thailand would be fine because clothing items is one of their best industries. Clothing is cheapest in Thailand. Next choice is Vietnam which is in the league of Thailand when it comes to clothing items although their products are slightly expensive than products of Thailand. Both countries can boast of good craftsmanship and even if they don't have an available company to do that crochet project, I guess they can come up with one after some time they would spend in training their people.

Comment

It might sound like I have something against the Chinese when I say this, but for me I wouldn't have thought that outsourcing to China would be the best idea and there are far more countries in the world where you would find a better quality of work. Chinese labour is cheap, and that is also going to be at the top of the list of things you are looking for, but I'm sure that we are all to well aware of the fact that some of the quality that comes out of China can be poor.

Comment

A number of Asian countries provide quality outsourcing services. You just have to do your research and touch base with Asian outsourcing firms, check out their respective websites and compare prices. You can also scour outsourcing forums for recommendations and suggestions.

Comment

I would be happy to work on outsourcing with Asian countries. This can be an interesting experience)

Comment

Only the one place in India..
                      Synchronzed Supply Systems Ltd

Comment

You can also try in Romania. The prices are a bit higher but so is the overall quality.

Comment

Working...
                        X