No announcement yet.

are you buying bulk goods from china ? what were you going through, bad or good

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are you buying bulk goods from china ? what were you going through, bad or good

Hello, All

have you bought something from china before ?
    do you intend to sourceing from china ? or other countries ?
    what is your sourcing experiences ?
    do you have any solution to solve problem when outsourcing
    do you try to send your inquiry to buying office in china to handle whole things. and what is your concern

welcome to say your story here

thanks
    Cassin

Re: are you buying bulk goods from china ? what were you going through, bad or good

We so source half of our inventory from China and we don't face that many problems. We have a contact there and he basically just takes care of everything and all we have to do is state our requests and he will do everything he can to source any item we might need. From time to time a few items will take longer to find or sometimes it can't be found at all but that's about it as far as obstacles go and even then it's not such a problem for us since we are a retail shop and popular products are usually easy to find so the harder to find pieces are mostly just bonus items that we can do without anyway.

Comment

Re: are you buying bulk goods from china ? what were you going through, bad or good

A cousin has been importing footwear from China for so many years now, maybe more than 20 already. What they do is to send the design via internet and the factory would produce a sample of the design. Sometimes they request the factory to send them the samples via courier. When they are satisfied with the sample, they place the order and remit the required down payment. From what I know, China products are getting better in quality and the biggest advantage is the cheap price that they ask.

Comment

Deal All

thanks for your answer above thread
        here is my another post in this forum
        http://www.supplychainfocus.com/foru...ng-office-here

i want to say, if there has sourcing office here in china to handle whole processing up there for you
        all you care is only focus on your products line and customers. how about this?
        do you want to work with them ? what is your concern ?

leave your comments here

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
          We so source half of our inventory from China and we don't face that many problems. We have a contact there and he basically just takes care of everything and all we have to do is state our requests and he will do everything he can to source any item we might need. From time to time a few items will take longer to find or sometimes it can't be found at all but that's about it as far as obstacles go and even then it's not such a problem for us since we are a retail shop and popular products are usually easy to find so the harder to find pieces are mostly just bonus items that we can do without anyway.
          well, this experiences same to what i am working here china. a sourcing office to handle whole processing for customers
          let them to handle rest things line products line and customers relationship

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sourcing in china View Post
            Deal All

thanks for your answer above thread
            here is my another post in this forum
            http://www.supplychainfocus.com/foru...ng-office-here

i want to say, if there has sourcing office here in china to handle whole processing up there for you
            all you care is only focus on your products line and customers. how about this?
            do you want to work with them ? what is your concern ?

leave your comments here

thanks
            What do you mean by that - do you want to work with the Chinese? Well, I think it would be great if some Chinese factory owners would be in partnership with importers. We need the Chinese products and the factories in China need us importers so I guess it's a pretty good arrangement if there will be a meeting of the minds by establishing a corporation owned by both the Chinese businessmen and the importers from other countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Corzhens View Post
              What do you mean by that - do you want to work with the Chinese? Well, I think it would be great if some Chinese factory owners would be in partnership with importers. We need the Chinese products and the factories in China need us importers so I guess it's a pretty good arrangement if there will be a meeting of the minds by establishing a corporation owned by both the Chinese businessmen and the importers from other countries.
              i mean, i buid a buying office here in china. to provide sourcing service here
              whatever you or my customers want, i source it. i handle whole processing here for them
              search suppliers, check them, arrange order, quality control, shipment,
              then, let my customers focus on their products line and customers. it will help both way, each other happy.

any comments for this idea ?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sourcing in china View Post
                i mean, i buid a buying office here in china. to provide sourcing service here
                whatever you or my customers want, i source it. i handle whole processing here for them
                search suppliers, check them, arrange order, quality control, shipment,
                then, let my customers focus on their products line and customers. it will help both way, each other happy.

any comments for this idea ?

thanks
                I think this is a very good idea as there are more and more people thinking about sourcing from China but don't know where to turn to. Probably one of the best things about this is that you can start out with just a little capital and maybe one or two clients, but from what I hear from my own supplier not all clients are very pleasant to work with though I guess that is common in any business. One suggestion I would have for anyone thinking about doing this is to advertise your services in the right places where you can reach the best audience for you because I don't think there is a site specializing in this specific niche yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                  I think this is a very good idea as there are more and more people thinking about sourcing from China but don't know where to turn to. Probably one of the best things about this is that you can start out with just a little capital and maybe one or two clients, but from what I hear from my own supplier not all clients are very pleasant to work with though I guess that is common in any business. One suggestion I would have for anyone thinking about doing this is to advertise your services in the right places where you can reach the best audience for you because I don't think there is a site specializing in this specific niche yet.

thank you ,
                  i do not want promote my products or service here
                  i just want to check my idea and get some suggestions here

thanks all and everything from you

Comment

My previous employer bought a lot of fancy and ancient-looking replica jars straight from a Chinese supplier. As far as pottery and porcelain items are concerned, China's a good source. However, the other products exported from China (such as shoes, gadgets and toys) have questionable quality. Items like earrings, shirts and school materials are of decent quality, however, so you can take a risk buying them.

Comment

Well, we buy goods from China every day and some of them are actually quite good. We've brought in paint, furniture, wood and a whole lot of food and the quality is decent for the price, I've been especially impressed by the furniture which despite the cost it holds up quite well. China is not as bad as people make it out to be, you just have to know what to look out for.

Comment

I have a friend who imports goods from China and most of the products she sells in her retail store are made in China. I think more businesses prefer buying and importing from China because of the very affordable prices. There are indeed a lot of quality products coming in from China with cheaper prices compared to supplies from other countries.

Comment

While there's no doubt that Chinese goods are becoming more and more popular, mainly because like you say they are more affordable than goods from other countries, but you do have to be careful when it comes to the quality. A lot of the time you do get what you pay for, and some of the Chinese products aren't made to the highest standards, and that can result in your business getting a reputation for not selling the best quality.

People like value for money more than cheap goods, and a lot of the time you're simply not getting that value. Even though what your buying IS cheap, it's not going to last half as long as the same product from another country, and while some businesses might consider that a good thing as it means that people will buy more, if your business gets a reputation for selling items that aren't that well made, its a reputation that can be hard to shake off.

Comment

I agree with what you said @pwarbi. There are a lot of suppliers of different goods from China but there are also a lot of companies supplying low quality goods. This is why it's very important to choose and investigate your potential supplier's reputation first before trying to order from them. I think initial purchases should be minimal first to check out first if the goods being supplied are of good quality. If they are, then the supplier has gained a new customer.

Comment

It sounds like I have a chip on my shoulder regarding China and I don't, but their method seems to try and saturate a market with product without caring too much about the quality aspect of it, and here in the UK we know that only too well when it comes to steel for an example. Making and then selling any product at a knockdown price with poor quality is going to boost their profits in the short term, and even if they can't rely on selling them goods in the future, they are making enough now to be able to factor that into their predictions and adjust those figures accordingly.

Comment

Working...
                              X