Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creating a company from outside the U.S.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Creating a company from outside the U.S.

This is a very common practice among enterprising people who want to look for talented people who can work for less. It's a case of effective outsourcing. Some types of businesses can't be as profitable if they are situated within the United States. However, if they transfer their base of operations outside of the country, their possible profit margins increase for up to ten-fold. This is why more and more companies are outsourcing their services in countries that have huge populations of English-speakers like the Philippines and India.

Comment

Re: Creating a company from outside the U.S.

Originally posted by Norm View Post
      Not sure if I am understanding you correctly but are you saying it is a bad thing? Anyway, I don't think it is that bad as long as the Filipinos are earning well enough for the standard of living here, even if the japan office is earning way more, because ultimately it is their client and their project and expenses are much higher there too anyway so it's understandable for them to want to take more of the cut, in my opinion.
      No, I'm not saying that scheme is bad albeit it is good for the locals because they learn the technology. In my example in the animation industry, the local animators have the talent but not the refined skills that they need in doing animation work. So it is disadvantageous for the worker to be hired on a temporary status because he can lose his job anytime (especially when the foreign company would close shop) but the worker is amenable to the arrangement because his main intention is the learning he would get and the connection that he would establish with foreign companies, not to mention that his resume would be more appealing with the portion that says he had been employed by a foreign company.

Comment

Working...
      X