SaaS Solutions for Supply Chain Management

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SaaS Solutions for Supply Chain Management

I wonder, if anybody uses saas-based (software-as-a-service) Business Intelligence solutions for your business? If you had a choice with basically same TCO (total cost of ownership), what would you prefer? a build-in enterprise solution, or a solution that is delivered to you as a service, and why?

Another question, if you are thinking of such solution, would you rather deal with somebody local, or outsource? What countries seems to be good for outsourcing of this matter?

Thanks,

Sasha
    Supplier Evaluations - a US-based, online community of global Suppliers and Buyerssigpic

Re: SaaS Solutions for Supply Chain Management

The problem is that you have several large software companies specialized on BI but not on BI for SCM. And you do not have so many SaaS BI solutions on the market dedicated to the supply chain. But it starts growing (soap solutions, simflex...).

I would go for a solution delivered as a service. Even if the TCO is the same, it would not be spent the same way: spread on several years for SaaS, but cost to support at the beginning before having anything useable for a build-in solution. Also, the ROI starts almost immediately for a Saas, not for a build-in solution.

Best countries: USA and India

Comment

Four Soft is one of the companies that use SaaS services for supply chain management operations, Just check on it four-soft.com

Comment

Can anyone of you explain the benefits for Saas?

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyCook View Post
          Can anyone of you explain the benefits for Saas?
          I think the major benefit would be reducing or eliminating the upfront capital expenditure on the licence. Given that Saas is generally based on a monthly fee or similar.

My personal experience however is that total cost of ownership is a lot higher. A bit like hiring a car rather than buying it outright.

I'm not sure there are really any benefits (other than lower entry costs) given that training, support, maintenance etc would be the same in both models. Saas. and outright purchase.
          Regards

Top Link - Site Founder

Comment

The SaaS solution has gained popularity in recent years because of the many benefits it offers to businesses of all sizes and types. I am using saas solution service for my business and its really very helpful for effective business management.

Originally posted by SupplierEvaluations View Post
            I wonder, if anybody uses saas-based (software-as-a-service) Business Intelligence solutions for your business? If you had a choice with basically same TCO (total cost of ownership), what would you prefer? a build-in enterprise solution, or a solution that is delivered to you as a service, and why?

Another question, if you are thinking of such solution, would you rather deal with somebody local, or outsource? What countries seems to be good for outsourcing of this matter?

Thanks,

Sasha

Comment

Yes SaaS is very useful for supply chain management. The Supply Chain Consultants
              used these softwares in order to provide accurate SCM to their clients in order to optimize their spending on SCM thus resulting in improving the bottomline

Comment

I really recommend SAAS as the best solution for supply chain management and in the end, it saves your data cost. I am using MobiLock Pro as SAAS to manage my work operations. Before you step into it, check reviews from different sites so that you get an idea whether to purchase or not.

Comment

Working...
                X