Smartphones & handheld devices: using an app instead of paper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smartphones & handheld devices: using an app instead of paper

While the last decades, paper is a lot used for tracking things like commands, references, how and where the supply is going. It is pretty reliable for its era, and works pretty well. But it is boilerplate as well, as you can't access papers from another location without asking the paper via phone and transfer it via fax, or that kind of things. That disables any kind of tracking of the supply in the chain.

With smartphones and computers, this is now possible. Some companies already make smartphone apps and deliver work smartphone to their employees in order to bring a more efficient workflow, while it brings better overwatch for the management: they can look at what's happening in real time. However, it needs formations, and interconnect more of the infrastructure, and smartphones have a cost. Meanwhile companies can rather promote the use of a central tablet in the building for cost savings, it also leads to more errors.

So, it is used in your company? Would you be interested? How do you foresee usage of computing for your business?

Re: Smartphones & handheld devices: using an app instead of paper

This post is very useful i truly like this topic thank you for sharing this valuable data.
    Android App Developer

Comment

I think using an app as a replacement for old ways of inventories and commands can be very helpful and less hassle. We run a coffee shop before and I downloaded this POS to track and record daily sales. This is so convenient for me as it already creates a weekly and monthly report at the same time so I don't have to do it manually. I also do inventories through Excel and it's very convenient as well, although I still print them so I have a hard copy

Comment

Barcode recognition means that phones and apps can be used to pull data up about a pallete or package quickly and it makes it much easier for people to know where things have to go and for anyone in the company and even customers to check on their location. The downside is that it is easy for such things to be edited or changed and your system is very vulnerable if hacked, which is why having paper records or off-line master records for cross-checking is important.

Comment

I agree with you. However, in some restaurants I have noticed that waiters suffer difficult to handle devices when a customers order a meal. It fact has delayed the velocity of order to the customer. In other cases as industry and school, apps have helped everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Martin View Post
            While the last decades, paper is a lot used for tracking things like commands, references, how and where the supply is going. It is pretty reliable for its era, and works pretty well. But it is boilerplate as well, as you can't access papers from another location without asking the paper via phone and transfer it via fax, or that kind of things. That disables any kind of tracking of the supply in the chain.

With smartphones and computers, this is now possible. Some companies already make smartphone apps and deliver work smartphone to their employees in order to bring a more efficient workflow, while it brings better overwatch for the management: they can look at what's happening in real time. However, it needs formations, and interconnect more of the infrastructure, and smartphones have a cost. Meanwhile companies can rather promote the use of a central tablet in the building for cost savings, it also leads to more errors.

So, it is used in your company? Would you be interested? How do you foresee usage of computing for your business?
            definitely agree with you, using an app will save you a lot of time and costs too. and the workflow will be highly efficient

Comment

Thanks for the post mate. It might be quiet beneficial for everyone!

iPad Rental Virginia - Hiretablets.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Martin View Post

Nowadays Many apps are available in the market which is being used on a regular basis to manage and track the device activities in Logistics and no doubt I also using an app MobiLock Pro to manage our devices. This app really helps me in saving data usage cost and improve my staff productivity otherwise some employees can misuse the device like playing games, watch videos.

Comment

Technology is increasing day by day, so no doubt this would happen

Comment

Call Verizon Phone Number if any issues related to the Verizon broadband occurs? No need to worry about that just pick your phone and call for the help and support. The number is Toll-free +1-888-725-1638. Anyone can call to solve the issues. http://verizonsupportnumbers.com/verizon-phone-number/

Comment

Working...
                    X