How do one deal with a harsh boss?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do one deal with a harsh boss?

Our individual differences makes us behave and react to other people's behavior, attitudes and personality in different ways. As a result of this individual differences, people have unnecessary problems or fall out in their workplaces. This dispute might be between a boss and staff, or staff and staff but my focus here is on dealing with a boss that is harsh in the way he or she treats the company workers.

To be honest, my first boss in my present company was not only harsh but very harsh. When a subordinate didnít deliver, she would reprimand in front of the people. That big embarrassment has caused the resignation of several officers in our department. I was also thinking of leaving but my husband prevailed on me to be patient. In a few years time, there came a reorganization that our department was headed by a new boss and the harsh boss was sent to a freezer Ė a department with only 3 staff and not much work.

Comment

Originally posted by Corzhens View Post
      To be honest, my first boss in my present company was not only harsh but very harsh. When a subordinate didnít deliver, she would reprimand in front of the people. That big embarrassment has caused the resignation of several officers in our department. I was also thinking of leaving but my husband prevailed on me to be patient. In a few years time, there came a reorganization that our department was headed by a new boss and the harsh boss was sent to a freezer Ė a department with only 3 staff and not much work.
      Some people are too head strong and really love to lord themselves over others who work under them in a company. Logically, they don't remember that there was someone in their position whom was removed for one reason or another before they had the opportunity to head the office. They thought that once they became the department head, it's the end of the world without knowing that reviews and feedback from their performance will decide how long they will maintain their new boss position.

Comment

Let us not forget that the boss should be respected at all times even if he acts like a real mortal with faults. But I understand that there is a limitation to the harsh situation that the boss creates in the office particularly when embarrassment and sanctions are getting abusive. Maybe we just have to evaluate very well the situation if you can still live with your boss or not before doing something drastic.

Comment

Different characters, attitudes and behavior is something that we should always expect to be varied where human beings are involved. There is nothing like a perfect human being, in fact we all flawed in one way or another, it only takes tolerance for someone to work under another without much friction. A boss can be a pain in the ass but it's most likely to get the best for the company from its employees but a case of boss unwarranted harresment and abuse (sexually) can never be tolerated under any circumstances.

Comment

Working...
          X