Company accommodation or housing allowance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company accommodation or housing allowance

In the dynamic business world, some companies would provide actual accommodation for their employees and others may give housing allowance in place of providing accommodation. If you were the head of human resource department and your company is trying to cut cost on staff accommodation which would you recommend. Pay housing allowance to employees or provide the accommodation.

Re: Company accommodation or housing allowance

I know of some companies that give housing assistance to their employees but this case is usually when the company moved to another location. And to accommodate the present employees, the company spends for the relocation of their workers. One such company that I know moved to a far away province and had the intention of hiring new workers in the new location. However, the old employees cannot just be terminated and since those old employees decided to stick it out with the company hence the extra expense for the relocation of old employees.

Comment

It seems like most companies involved in hiring foreign workers simply buy housing for the employees. Therefore, there must be a special reason they do it. Perhaps it is a way for them to save money. On the other hand, it might simply be that the foreigner has to fill out too much red tape when getting housing. That would be a pain for the employee - making the job less attractive for recruiters.

Comment

I think this is a matter of personal taste. I believe the two option are great, but it's something that is totally dependent on the need of each employee. The company accomodation is not always what you would expect (but it's cheaper) while the housing allowance may be better, but generally more expensive.

Comment

Working...
        X