Age Limit for Job Positions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Age Limit for Job Positions

it will be extremely hard to find a job, even if we are peaking or skills and work capacity

Comment

Sometimes age limits are justifiable. For instance, an older man might not be able to lift as much as a younger one. On the other hand, though, sometimes they are not justifiable. For instance, there are plenty of 40-year-olds who can think as well as a 20 year old, well, at least enough to do a certain job.

Comment

It is quite sad and disheartening that some companies place age restrictions on some managerial positions and forget that the major considerations should lie on how qualified the person is for particular positions. Qualifications may come in the way of years of working or how high the person has gone in acquiring certain certifications from colleges. What if they end up getting someone that is 45 of age, but he/she is not fit for such positions? is that not a bad firm decison on their part which I think should be reviewed.

The qualifications on attaining a certain level should be based not only on age but how experienced the staff that needs the promotion has gotten over the years of service. Sadly, even in Nigeria where I come from, this issue of being at a certain age before getting a particular positions also comes to play and I do not agree with that. This is because age is not maturity

Comment

If it is a government job then the maximum age for up to which you can apply is 27 years and you have to retire at maximum 55 years. If it is a private company it depends on the experience but in my place getting employed in their respective field of study is itself is a difficult task and nowadays everything has become based on recommendation from someone from the company. It is really a pain to work in my place.

Comment

I think so that this is totally bad and wrong.There should be no age limit to apply for the jobs to earn money.Many people do study in their whole life and couldn't get a good job because of age limits.After that they become more depressed and many people may die due to this reason.I think so that this thing should be removed from our society to make it prosperous.

Comment

Working...
            X