Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is casual dress code allowed in your company?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is casual dress code allowed in your company?

Here in telecom and banking sectors especially management is strict in using formal dress code for employees. But on weekend days like Saturdays (when there will be very few customers to deal with) employees are allowed to wear casual dresses. When an employee deal with an external customer he is expected to be quite formal in approach and look too. Employee is the true projection of company values and a formal dress code gives a feeling that the company is serious in the business. Some companies even offer uniforms to employees, even in service sector.

What is your company's dress code policy?

Re: Is casual dress code allowed in your company?

Most companies take the dressing of their staff seriously they want to ensure employees dress in a way that would be presentable and attractive to customers, not casual. In some companies in order to maintain a high dress sense, they makes fitting uniforms for their employees. The fact is customers would prefer doing business with a well dress employee, as in formal dressing. Casual dressing may not be taken seriously

Comment

I think that these days most companies agree to the idea that a casual day here and there is good for the people there. I know that I like my casual days, but I also recognize that dressing up a part of the job too.

Comment

When I was working in a bank, they were very strict with the dress code because the HR boss said that we represent the company so we have to protect the corporate profile by always wearing the prescribed office uniform. But when I moved to a software house, the dress code was somewhat lenient that we observe the so called wash day every Friday except when we have guests from other companies.

Comment

In ours it depends on what an employee's role is. Customer-facing roles are usually suited for work, but support roles and similar have more casual dress, as there is no point in asking somewhere to wear a suit when their day job involves tracing cables under suspended flooring! The warehouse actually has a pretty strict dress code, but a lot of that is about safety. When hard hats, overalls, saftey jackets and protective boots are required, there's not a lot of space for dress-down days.

Comment

The dress code in my company is completely casual, and as I work in the IT service it's even more casual lol, so I get to work with jeans and T-shirt, a luxury these days. We do have services in our company that have to dress formally, and also have their casual Friday, so each department has liberty to set their own rules.

Comment

When I was a teacher at after-school English schools in South Korea, casual dress was the norm, but it had to be neat. In fact, most teachers, but not me though, even wore jeans as opposed to dress pants. I suppose a whole suit is too much and makes you look like a Jehovah's Witness. Anyhow, I see that in most jobs in the US, dress pants and a neat shirt for men and women seems to be the norm.

Comment

The Company I work for requires a dress code and they provide the uniforms. I like being in uniform because it saves on my personal clothing, and I don't have to think of what outfits I would wear all week. I would however like to have a dress down day on the weekend when there isn't anyone around.

Comment

When I started working in the firm I work with now, I thought that casual dressing is allowed considering the way some of the staff always dress to work and all that not until in one of our staff meetings that our boss had to remind us that there are dress codes we should always abide by every day we come for work and one of those is that each worker must be on formal dressing every Monday of a new week while you can sport a black and white attire on Wednesday while you're free to dress any way you want during the other days of the week.

That was my first experience of realizing that in most companies and firms, that there are reasons workers dress the way they dress every day of the week.

Comment

Working...
                  X