Best Training

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Training

Hi all, very new to the forum so first up a quick "hello". So I have been in supplychain for quite some time now, experienced in short shelf life production planning, demand, capacity and materials planning. Being of a certain age I didn't go to university so don't have a degree. However I do have a lot of experience. To cut a long story short I worked for the same company for a long time. They weren't big on people develoment or succession planning, so when it closed, although at the time it frightened the life out of me, it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I put a CV together, put it out to the market and was pleasantly surprised by the amount of interest. Consequently I have been in a different role now for four years; learned a lot, travelled some and developed as a person and supply chain professional. Unfortunately there is not a massive amount of scope for progression so have decided to look outside to make a step into management. To be honest my CV and experience are excellent but I feel that not having any real management experience may hinder me. To offset this I am looking to add some accredited learning to my CV and just lloking to gauge some opnion what would be the best as there seem to be quite a few. I am thinking CIPS(mostly because it will add some cost and contract negotiation which would then widen the scope to include procurement), IOSCM, APICS. I am UK based and looking to move into a lower/ mid management role.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Best Training

Welcome Justin. Great to have you join us. CIPS and APICS both have great training programs.
    Regards

Top Link - Site Founder

Comment

I am in the management level for quite a time. My knowledge in management is mostly on my experience and about 20% with the training that I attended from time to time (upon the sponsorship of our company). If you are an achiever and you say that you have a good CV to speak of then I guess the training you need in management would be amenable to the company of your prospect. When I interview an applicant, I always give emphasis to the CV particularly to the work experience although I also give points to the education and training that the applicant had attended. However, in the absence of those factors, the applicant is still good provided he can clearly explain the job description of his present position.

Comment

Excellent post. Thank you very much!!

Comment

ABC for java and Testing is the best training institute in India.

Comment

When I was working in a bank, we had a management training course conducted by one vice president. Some of my colleagues took the qualifying exam and one of them passed with flying colors. After the 6 months if training, my colleague was assigned work as a branch manager. Most big companies here have such development programs for their employees. It's good if you can find a company like that for your career advancement.

Comment

Working...
            X