Ways to Increase Company Morale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ways to Increase Company Morale

Downsizing the workforce no matter how bad it may look has been proven to boost morale at the work place and that is one area I think your company should look into. I understand that you guys have let go of 3 workers that are part-time, but there is still need to look inward and check the performances of those current staff in order to fish out those that are underperforming for the firm. Have a talk with them and see if the dialogue can yield a better result, but if it does not, then getting them laid off is the only option and let the committed staff stay put.

Since there has been a complaint of how cheap the company is, I suggest that there should be a review of salaries paid to workers so as to boost their morale through that way. But the first step as I stated above is laying off unserious worker while the committed ones are now being paid well to see improvement in the delivery of services.

Comment

Re: Ways to Increase Company Morale

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with Barida. While downsizing is always an option that should be considered, no proof was offered that putting employees on the chopping block magically makes them feel good. Cite your sources, please!

No, there is literally nothing you could do which will damage employee morale more than to create a fearsome environment for them. A time does come to downsize for some businesses. If it's what must be done to survive then that's, unfortunately, the action you must take. But if morale will further impact your productivity you may want to consider other steps first.

Comment

Working...
      X