Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Free snacks in the office

Originally posted by acheno84 View Post
    Here in the US, we have vending machines or self serve convenient stores like you would find in an airport. It definitely saves time, but not necessarily money. We have a "Company Kitchen" where we have cards that we can add money to, or pay with cash or card. It's monitored by a 24 hour loss prevention system as well. You just grab what you want, scan it and pay for it. It's a nice feature to have, especially on days where you don't want to leave the building for your 30 minute lunch.
    Do you mean to say that the company kitchen is like a deli shop with foods that you can buy? That is neat because it really saves a lot of time for the employees in obtaining their food particularly the snacks. And even if our lunch period here is 1 hour, that saved time from going out of the building can be spent on resting or even a nap. Truly, those food inside the office building is a great way of saving time. Can you imagine the number of employees who would have an extra 30 minutes of their time? That's a lot of man hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Corzhens View Post
      Do you mean to say that the company kitchen is like a deli shop with foods that you can buy? That is neat because it really saves a lot of time for the employees in obtaining their food particularly the snacks. And even if our lunch period here is 1 hour, that saved time from going out of the building can be spent on resting or even a nap. Truly, those food inside the office building is a great way of saving time. Can you imagine the number of employees who would have an extra 30 minutes of their time? That's a lot of man hours.
      What he talking about is more like open vending with security cameras. You load money on a special card for your food account, grab what you want from refrigerators or displays and pay with the card.

Comment

Our company offers free breakfast (bread) and free flowing coffee all day. Everyone has access to a large office ref and microwave oven. No, I don't believe it's a tool for saving time at all because employees tend to linger at the office kitchen/pantry longer than the allowed break time of fifteen minutes each in the morning and afternoon on top of the one-hour lunch break. In fact, instead of working straight upon arriving at the office, people tend to take breakfast/snack at the office pantry instead of having them at home. The big boss actually sees this as a benefit to employees because the company spends for bread and coffee when they don't really have to. It's also a sort of PR work for the company because employees tend to talk about this great benefit and by word of mouth, this actually impresses other people and newly-hired employees. For employees with low salaries, this is certainly a benefit that they will not pass up. For the company, this is cheaper than giving pay hikes to employees.

Comment

I've already worked in two companies that had this policy and I can say that the experience was very good (despite some occasional problems that usually happen). I think if it's something developed more effectively and with more commitment, it will have great long-term effects for both sides.

Comment

My company also offers coffee and snacks during the afternoon. And the thing is that we don't have to pay for most of those stuff. But it drains down the company. I think it's reasonable to say that when company is putting on so much resources on you. Then we are expected to perform. And that's one way to look at things. It's good that companies do give us the free snack. And I do take that as genuine way to keep the workers. That's good too.

Comment

Its a new and very nice way to refresh office workers so they can enjoy during their works.Its not only time saving but also very good to increase reputation of an institute.By giving such kind of facilities, one company may become a good company with a nicer staff.The workers of that institute will also work honestly with a new zeal and zest.

Comment

Keeping the employees in your company happy is one of those major things firms and employers of labours should always have in mind when employing these people. I do not see anything bad in giving free snacks to your staff as long as they put in their best in ensuring that the firm is moving in the right direction. One more thing is that providing those free snacks does not only save time for the workers,but it also improve the working performances of the employees in the sense that they will feel happy working for the company with such incentives like free snacks which saves money for them as well.

I think this is such a great move every firm should try to emulate to improve the employer-employees relationship in the company.

Comment

I think it's a very good initiative however, you have to be careful because employees do not have to spend their time at the snack bar and lose their efficiency.

Comment

Even in chennai free snacks are offered to the employees. It is actually a good process which should be cultivated in the minds of the people. Employee satisfaction is the first and foremost thing need to be considered.

Comment

that is innovative, and indeed a friendly environment

Comment

Originally posted by Auriane0198 View Post
                        I think it's a very good initiative however, you have to be careful because employees do not have to spend their time at the snack bar and lose their efficiency.
                        I also think like you

Comment

Yeah, I also agree!

Comment

Working...
                          X