Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Female or Male customer's services staff?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female or Male customer's services staff?

In my opinion, there are some job positions that requires specific gender for the role because it's seems such particular gender is best suited for the job. With customer service attendants as a case study, it looks like female customers sales attendants fulfill the job more than their male counterparts and most companies seems to hire female for this position more than males. What could actually the best explanation for this trend?

I have to agree that the position depends on the gender or vice versa. Most receptionists are female because that is the tradition. You will notice that in banks here, all of the frontliners called bank tellers are not only female but presentable female. It is not discrimination but just the tradition. I would prefer to talk to a female receptionist in the office than to a burly guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Corzhens View Post
      I have to agree that the position depends on the gender or vice versa. Most receptionists are female because that is the tradition. You will notice that in banks here, all of the frontliners called bank tellers are not only female but presentable female. It is not discrimination but just the tradition. I would prefer to talk to a female receptionist in the office than to a burly guy.
      Indeed, it's a tradition that has been invoke for so long that I'm not sure if it's ever going to get changed anytime soon. Although, it's not a fact that a male can't be presentable as well but I think most people feel easy walking up to a lady in the customer desk that a male. Some people even go to the extent of picturing males as being aggressive compared to females.

Comment

Working...
      X