Call center to receive customer calls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call center to receive customer calls

If you think this is effective, think again. The current practice of having a call center or service desk to handle customer calls is effective only in terms of engagement to mean that there is someone to talk to the customer. But the burden of the service still remains on the shoulder of the concerned department. For the logistics, it is usually the delayed delivery that they should find a way of streamlining their operation. There’s also the issue of the customs bureau in the ports for imported goods which takes unreasonable time occasionally. My point is that the handler of the customer calls should be honest with their answers and avoid giving promises to the customer.

Nothing hurts bad and dents one's trust in your services like being dishonest when handling an issue with your business clients. It's a normal thing to want to give your customers a positive impression and answers that their deals will be concluded in the shortest possible time but it's going to impact more on the negative side if you are not honest in telling them exactly what's wrong and when they are likely to get their consignment.

When a client losses his trust in you, the business is dead.

Comment

I have no quarrel with call center agents who handle calls of customers but I have some issues regarding the quality of information. Take for instance the call center agent in explaining the details of the delivery schedule. The promise is heavenly as if you are a valued client but the delivery is always delayed. Would you believe that we requested a replacement of a street post light bulb from the electric company and even with the countless follow up calls that we made, the bulb was replaced after 3 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandoy View Post
        I have no quarrel with call center agents who handle calls of customers but I have some issues regarding the quality of information. Take for instance the call center agent in explaining the details of the delivery schedule. The promise is heavenly as if you are a valued client but the delivery is always delayed. Would you believe that we requested a replacement of a street post light bulb from the electric company and even with the countless follow up calls that we made, the bulb was replaced after 3 months.
        Poor management is part of the biggest problem facing most companies. They are well aware of the problems being faced by their business customers but still lack pace to swiftly address these problems before everything get out of hand. Leaving the problem unattended for long will definitely aggravate the relationship between the customer and the company.

Comment

I agree with Heatman that poor management is contributory to the poor quality of service of call handlers. I guess they need to improve the training for those call handlers so that they would be well-versed with the company’s operation particularly the nature of the work of call handlers.

Comment

Corzhens I can very well remember one of my horrible experiences with one telecommunication company called Globalcom which I use for my data subscription. They have this problem of not enabling 3G-4G data connection network all day except at night from 1:00am till 6:00am. They make life very miserable for their customers and they are very aware of the problem because even on their social media Facebook page, there are lots of complaints and when you call the customer service, they will keep telling you that they are working on it but nothing is being done. This indicates poor management 100%.

Comment

Working...
            X