SEO/SEM, Spam, Advertising

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEO/SEM, Spam, Advertising

Please note that we have a zero tolerance for those who join the forum merely to:
    1. Spam members with advertising such as iPhones!
    2. Make meaningless posts that contribute nothing to members, merely for SEO/SEM purposes.
    3. Overtly advertise services without contributing value to members.

Offenders will have posts deleted and be permanently banned. Yes. One strike and you are out.

'Real' members are here to exchange ideas and discuss 'relevant' topics.
    Regards

Top Link - Site Founder

Re: SEO/SEM, Spam, Advertising

I notice an increasing tendancy for new members to 'hide' links in their posts.

This makes me assume that these people are not here to participate in the forum as genuine members, but only for SEO purposes.

We will normally give people a chance. i.e. three strikes and you are out. But where we believe links are added only for SEO purposes, it may lead to an instant ban! Be warned.

The reason for this is two fold.

ONE. We want to have a membership that actively participates and is not just focussed on marketing their 'stuff'.

TWO. If we allow excessive link building this forum will be penalised by Google.

If you really want to advertise, then use:

Signature links.
    Google Adwords selected for this site.
    Or pay to be a sponsor!

Please note that all moderators on this forum, have my full authority and support to immediately ban members breaking the forum rules.

So if in doubt, don't blur the lines until you have been here a while and understand the rules.
    Regards

Top Link - Site Founder

Comment

Thanks for the information Top Link. Will definitely see out these rules and follow them. This forum is nice place to collect information about various logistics and its related services.
      Shipping Agents Mumbai

Comment

Thanks, but it's a constant battle weeding out the spam.

It couldn't be done without the help of our great Forum Manager and moderators Starbucks Junkie, Patricia and Yemmy.

The site would become a 'junk yard'.........
        Regards

Top Link - Site Founder

Comment

Working...
        X