Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertising Revenue

Dear Members,

As you know, this site is privately funded by me, assisted with a small amount of advertising revenue generated by our Google Adverts that are displayed here. Sadly this is not really enough to maintain the site and fund our article competition, let alone fund further development of our Forum.

I therefore intend to introduce another form of advertising revenue. This will have no impact on the Forum experience of members, but may help fund the costs of the forum a bit more.

It will basically consist of in text advertising. This simply means that certain words within a post may be highlighted by companies wishing to advertise products and services associated with that word. For example if in your post you have included the word 'Italy'. That word might be highlighted and when you 'mouse over' the word you might see an advert for holidays in Italy.

If you do not pause on the word or 'mouse over' the word, all you will see is some of the words in the text highlighted in blue and underlined. You can just choose to ignore them.

I hope this will not be an inconvenience to members. I am sure it will not be. But I also hope that you appreciate the need to generate some additional form of revenue on the site to pay for it's maintenance, member prizes and further development.
    Regards

Top Link - Site Founder

Re: Advertising Revenue

Sounds good.

Comment

Seems like we cannot do this in conjunction with our Google advertising. Back to the drwaing board
      Regards

Top Link - Site Founder

Comment

Looks like we will have to rely on the small revenue from the google adverts for now.
        Regards

Top Link - Site Founder

Comment

Working...
        X