India leads in BPO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India leads in BPO

India has successfully grabbed the lead in the BPO race particularly in the call center industry. It used to be the Philippines and the main reason for India's popularity with the Western businessmen is its lower salary. With English, Indians are at par with Filipinos since both have English as their second language although Filipinos have the American English while the Indians are using the King's English. But all is not lost for the Philippines since after the presidential electtions in May, the labor atmosphere will change for the better.

Re: India leads in BPO

I think India only leads in the IT sector. They're really competent in the programming and software development side. Most customer service and KPO accounts, however, are outsourced to the Philippines because Filipinos have a more neutral accent and can pass off for native speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by xTinx View Post
      I think India only leads in the IT sector. They're really competent in the programming and software development side. Most customer service and KPO accounts, however, are outsourced to the Philippines because Filipinos have a more neutral accent and can pass off for native speakers.
      The other week we had a guest who is an Indian. She said that IT in India is world class because they are serious in the technology business. But aside from IT, they are also good in some other technologies like solar power. Proof is the solar energy that the main source of electricity by some towns in India. Yes, I agree that India leads in IT sector only because the Philippines handles better the other industries.

Comment

I have had experience with Indians in the call center situation and I honestly had a difficulty in understanding what their language. They speak English but their accent makes it a bit difficult to grasp what they were saying. I have heard Phillipinos speak and had no problem in understanding them. Therefore, in that aspect, I should believe that they would probably be more competitive than the Indians. Probably it's in the technical aspects that the Indians would have the advantage

Comment

I am loving india's financial prospective futures. I would love to spend some time there and really get a feel for the land, as I've also heard the natural foods there are quite good as well I am a huge fan of fruit, and from what I understand, there are lots of exotic fruits in india that are quite cheap and common! New flavors are always welcome. India is definitely looking strong in the next decade.

Comment

Some weeks back we had an Indian guest in the office that I had engaged in a chat. She said that the thrust of India now is towards quality. She mentioned the time when Japan's products were of low quality and after a decade Japan was producing world class products. That's they way they wanted to do in India. They are now conscious of the quality of their products. And with BPO, they are trying their best to re-educate their labor force so that they will deliver world class service to the foreign outsourcing companies.

Comment

I totally agree with the phrase of xTinx, "IT in India is world class because they are serious in the technology business". I acknowledge that India has the best IT people because if you all know they are like geniuses. That is why their BPO industry is booming and the most outsourced from them are IT professionals.

Regards,
              Offshore Business Processing BPO Provider, Visit Us Here.

Comment

Well I agree that India is still included in top BPO industry because they still manage to give good outsourced services to some businesses. India as one of the pioneer in BPO will not be left behind because they also have the upper hand when it comes to technology, if you all know India has the best IT people around the world. They are well experienced, geniuses and passionate with what they do. And btw, i would like to thank Corzhens because he answered good and very diligent.

Regards,
                Offshore Business Processing BPO Australia(Webpage)

Comment

Info-X Software Technology Pvt. Ltd. provides logistic software and outsourced back-office services for the global transportation companies in the ocean, air and ground sectors at USA and Europe since 2001 from India. Info-X specialized in the respective areas of data entry for rate matrix, shipping documents, custom filing, cargo tracking, accounting and equipped with a dedicated team of highly qualified and specially trained executives.

Comment

This is really not all that surprising to me. It seems that a lot of the areas that the US used to really lead in are starting to fall to these other countries who are finding ways to do things better and more efficiently. I just hope other firms are learning from it.

Comment

I think the reason why India will continue to emerge as a preferred destination for most offshore services is the willingness of their citizens. Most Indians that I know are very hard-working and self reliant. They are not waiting for the government to provide for them. Rather, they position themselves as available for various opportunities and even if they are not well qualified for this service, you find that Indians are very teachable and willing to learn. They have taken cognizance of the fact that their economy is not buoyant enough to sustain every Indian citizen so they go out to make things happen for themselves.

I feel most nations have a lot to learn from the work ethics of Indians.

Comment

Working...
                      X