Security against petty thievery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security against petty thievery

It is actually not the stealing that we have in my mind but the petty thievery that may be committed by the workers in the warehouse. I am not comfortable in seeing the frisking of warehouse personnel who are going out. Even in big supermarkets I have seen the security guard do that. My question is this – was there ever a case where a warehouse staff had stolen an item? Installing cctv cameras should be enough because the old style of frisking gives an impression that the company doesn’t trust the warehouse staff. How would you feel if you are frisked when you leave the warehouse?

Originally posted by Corzhens View Post
    It is actually not the stealing that we have in my mind but the petty thievery that may be committed by the workers in the warehouse. I am not comfortable in seeing the frisking of warehouse personnel who are going out. Even in big supermarkets I have seen the security guard do that. My question is this – was there ever a case where a warehouse staff had stolen an item? Installing cctv cameras should be enough because the old style of frisking gives an impression that the company doesn’t trust the warehouse staff. How would you feel if you are frisked when you leave the warehouse?

Sadly it is not uncommon. The term used is 'shrinkage'........
    Normally CCTV and explaining the company policy on theft is enough.....

Comment

Working...
    X