Benefits of a long tenure in a company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benefits of a long tenure in a company

I have been with our company for more 27 years and now I am savoring the benefits of that loyalty. First is the benefit of a housing loan which I had availed at low interest. Next is the shares of stocks granted to me last year. And there is the retirement package awaiting my retirement when I turn 60. For young employees, I am advising them to persevere and stay with their company. Always remember that there is no perfect office, no perfect employer and no perfect employee either.

Re: Benefits of a long tenure in a company

I absolutely agree with you, you're right.

Comment

Sounds like you have a good deal going on. I'll keep this in mind.

Comment

I totally agree! It's very important to stay loyal to a company. Not only do you get a lot of benefits on leases, retirement plans and so on but you're also going to go to work with a positive attitude (well, that only happens when the coworkers are kind and not stressful).
        I wish I would be able to find a permanent place, but that's quite hard since I'm new in the industry.

Comment

It is very easy to have the urge and give into the urge of being that guy who says that they're going to quit their job every week, but I think staying long term somewhere is really the best thing that anyone can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzyon View Post
            I totally agree! It's very important to stay loyal to a company. Not only do you get a lot of benefits on leases, retirement plans and so on but you're also going to go to work with a positive attitude (well, that only happens when the coworkers are kind and not stressful).
            I wish I would be able to find a permanent place, but that's quite hard since I'm new in the industry.
            I have several colleagues who left our company in favor of what they think were better employers. But it didn't take long for them to realize their mistake. Now, they can see that I am already in a high position and probably they could have been in this position too. Even my assistant has a higher position and pay than them. So I am always advising the young employees not to be carried away by their ambition to be promoted quickly.

Comment

thats the advantages of staying in the company for so long, that's what Im seeking now, Ive been in the logistics industry for 10 years and I learn a lot from values, vision, culture from 1 company to another, all of them are ISO certified (5 companies after graduated from college, my career starts in logistics/freight forwarding/transport industry). my goal is to start my own business related to logistics to have a Rigging and hauling business for Special Project cargo including heavy lift and contract logistics

Comment

Thanks for posting this thread Corzhens. Of course, its very important to stay loyal with your company. Most of the people get frustrated with the lack of good working environment, But they should learn to deal with various issues in an organisation and in your long tenure in a company provides you so many opportunities to learn lot of things.

Comment

Just to update on this discussion. I have been with our company for 31 years now and I just received a grant of shares of stocks of our company worth US$10,000. Itís quite a big amount here that seems to be a big bonus for me. And itís all because of the long tenure I had rendered. Maybe this discussion will inspire the younger employees here to invest time in the company because it is worth to be loyal. On the other hand, the companies particularly the IT department should give some focus on the tenure of the workers. The longer they stay, the more benefits you give but the company gets more quality service from them.

Comment

From my experience with office jobs, nothing good comes out of short time job engagement. It never materializes anything useful, so it's why being more loyal to your job pays better working on the long term basis than short term basis.

It's true that some companies don't always offer good working conditions but learning to adjust within the confines of your company's job requirements would go a long way in getting you to find it easy to do your job well.

Comment

I advise young employees to take advantage of the experience in working. They can hone and learn new skills; eventually mastering their craft. Of course it's ideal to stay as long as possible in a company because of its potential benefits. But, we should not also forget the experiences we gain along the way.

Comment

Tenure is most often associated with academic careers, but other private sectorcompanies provide similar types of long-term career commitments to employees.Tenure is basically a faithful commitment to an employee who has proved his worth, or who simply has had a long-term relationship with the employer.

Uipath online training.

Microsoft azure online training.

Comment

It is always a factor to consider the length of tenure when you are moving to another company. The retirement pay is big deal when you get older so the young people who move from company to company should think of the future. Being in a company for 20 years is an indication of loyalty although it can also mean complacency. But whatever the case may be, staying long with a company is rewarding particularly when it comes to retirement benefits.

Comment

Working...
                          X